Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Swollen lymph nodes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen lymph nodes

Hi, I've had swollen lymph nodes on my neck for around 2 months now, particularly one on my neck which hurts occasionally.

I've had blood tests and I tested negative for everything except for EBV around a month and a half ago. Is it common for lymph nodes to stay swollen for so long?

Thanks!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes lymph nodes can stay swollen for  a while. Did you have mononucleosis caused by the EBV? With mono, you have fever for about 10 days, your spleen can be swollen for 4 weeks , fatigue can last 2-3 months. So, I would expect the lymph nodes to be swollen about 2 months or maybe more. Do you still have symptoms? I wouldn't worry about it but they should resolve at some point. Your other symptoms will go away first followed by the lymph nodes.
mkh9
Blank
650547_tn?1271776798
Hello, as mkh9 said, it is very commone for lymph nodes to stay swollen for quite a while, especially if you have a more "severe" case of EBV/mono.  Honestly, I would look at it as a good thing.  Why?  It's a sign that your body's immune system is fighting the infection.  Of course it's easy to worry, but I would really stress not to... your body is working as it should!  Hope this helps, and hope you get back to "normal" soon!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...