Aa
A
A
Close
Swollen lymph nodes
Hi, I've had swollen lymph nodes on my neck for around 2 months now, particularly one on my neck which hurts occasionally.

I've had blood tests and I tested negative for everything except for EBV around a month and a half ago. Is it common for lymph nodes to stay swollen for so long?

Thanks!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1415174_tn?1453246703
Yes lymph nodes can stay swollen for  a while. Did you have mononucleosis caused by the EBV? With mono, you have fever for about 10 days, your spleen can be swollen for 4 weeks , fatigue can last 2-3 months. So, I would expect the lymph nodes to be swollen about 2 months or maybe more. Do you still have symptoms? I wouldn't worry about it but they should resolve at some point. Your other symptoms will go away first followed by the lymph nodes.
mkh9
Comment
Cancel
1415174_tn?1453246703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
650547_tn?1271776798
Hello, as mkh9 said, it is very commone for lymph nodes to stay swollen for quite a while, especially if you have a more "severe" case of EBV/mono.  Honestly, I would look at it as a good thing.  Why?  It's a sign that your body's immune system is fighting the infection.  Of course it's easy to worry, but I would really stress not to... your body is working as it should!  Hope this helps, and hope you get back to "normal" soon!
Comment
Cancel
650547_tn?1271776798
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Swollen lymph nodes
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources