Swollen lymph nodes
Hi, I've had swollen lymph nodes on my neck for around 2 months now, particularly one on my neck which hurts occasionally.

I've had blood tests and I tested negative for everything except for EBV around a month and a half ago. Is it common for lymph nodes to stay swollen for so long?

Thanks!
Yes lymph nodes can stay swollen for  a while. Did you have mononucleosis caused by the EBV? With mono, you have fever for about 10 days, your spleen can be swollen for 4 weeks , fatigue can last 2-3 months. So, I would expect the lymph nodes to be swollen about 2 months or maybe more. Do you still have symptoms? I wouldn't worry about it but they should resolve at some point. Your other symptoms will go away first followed by the lymph nodes.
mkh9
Hello, as mkh9 said, it is very commone for lymph nodes to stay swollen for quite a while, especially if you have a more "severe" case of EBV/mono.  Honestly, I would look at it as a good thing.  Why?  It's a sign that your body's immune system is fighting the infection.  Of course it's easy to worry, but I would really stress not to... your body is working as it should!  Hope this helps, and hope you get back to "normal" soon!