Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Treatments for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Treatments for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I just posted various treatments for CFS on the fibro / CFS health pages. For all who are interested here is the link :

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Fibromyalgia/Treatments-for-Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome/show/453?cid=39

Related Discussions
I thought I would include a list of symptoms for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. According to the CFIDS Association of America, roughly 10% of people who have mono... will get CFS afterwards.

Definition of CFS

A great deal of debate has surrounded the issue of how best to define CFS. In an effort to resolve these issues, an international panel of CFS research experts convened in 1994 to draft a definition of CFS that would be useful both to researchers studying the illness and to clinicians diagnosing it. In essence, in order to receive a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome, a patient must satisfy two criteria:

Have severe chronic fatigue of six months or longer duration with other known medical conditions excluded by clinical diagnosis; and
Concurrently have four or more of the following symptoms: substantial impairment in short-term memory or concentration; sore throat; tender lymph nodes; muscle pain; multi-joint pain without swelling or redness; headaches of a new type, pattern or severity; unrefreshing sleep; and post-exertional malaise lasting more than 24 hours.

http://www.cdc.gov/cfs/cfsbasicfacts.htm
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank