Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Twitching after EVB?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Twitching after EVB?

Hi I wanted to post this to see if this is normal. Over the past month I have been through hell. I got enlarged lymph nodes and the sore throat which I was originally diagnosed with strep throat. Then I started to get severe stomach pains which landed me in the hospital. Over the month I had an ultrasound done and it showed that I had an enlarged spleen. So now I am going back for additional blood tests as the doctor is pretty sure I have Mono.

While my stomach pains have improved I have had a new development emerge. Last week I started twitching all over. It started on my right foot and eventually spread to other parts in my body (hands, legs, buttox, temple)  It was getting so bad at one point that it keeps me up at nights. I began taking a Calicum Magnesium supplements which did help reduce the crazy twitching in my feet but still remains else where.

My question is twitching common with EBV / Mono? Does anyone know how these types of viruses affect the Central Nervous System? And will it ever go away?
hi,how r u?i had same thing what u describing,i wen trow hell to,its one year already and less and less symptoms,but still i have sore troth and not same energy like before,lat y now that i have cgw to,i took b12 vitamin trow my vein,i think lats of doctors can not dial and they dont understand that virus    
If the twitching is caused by EBV, then chances are it will go away as you recover from the virus.  In the meantime you may want to get tested for other things, but your symptoms (sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, enlarged spleen) are all classic symptoms of mono/EBV.  So that's most likely what you're dealing with.  The good news is, most people have a fairly quick recover, so hopefully you'll start improving soon!