Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
Work out?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Work out?

I was diagnosed with mono Feb. 28th. I originally started feeling under the weather with sore lymph nodes Feb. 21st. I've been feeling good for about three weeks, just a little tired which is hard to gage because I started my medication for mild hypothyroidism in January and I'm not sure what's mono and what's hypothyroidism. I am suppose to enter the police academy May 5th and have heard horrible stories about people relapsing and what not and everyone has a different view of how long to wait before exercising. My question is with only a mild short case of mono (I had an ultra sound and everything was fine, no swelling) how soon is it okay to start joggin/running/pushups/situps? Is it likely to cause my spleen to swell even though it didn't initially or cause a relapse or anything like that?