Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
ebv

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

ebv

I have been suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome for the last 12 years  caused by ebv. At the moment i'm on ebv drops supplied to me from my naturopath. I've only been on them for a few days, so it may be too early to tell if im on the right track.Has anyone got advice for me. Is there something else i can be doing. Wanting to fall pregnant soon  but worried what the ebv is going to do.
Welcome, Can you advise what kind of EBV drops are you on?
The drops are a homoeopathic detox for ebv. It contains all types of natural medicines in it from Epstein barr virus nosode to echinacea angustifolia. The list goes on. I'm sure if you went to see a naturopath they would know about the ebv drops. I highly recommend seeing a natuaopath.
I am on Jernigans myself, Only been on it a week to soon for results I am afraid, However I am also taking supplements hope to be on the right track soon, Have not been able to find a doc that can point me in another direction or even agree on what the issue is, only know my EBV numbers are high.  You are NOT alone hang in there.
How is it going with the drops?
I think they may be working. I seem to have more energy. Not feeling as fatigued. I hope this may be the answer. How are you going with things?
If u dont mind me asking how old r u,   I think it takes longer 4 us old timers to take hold.  I have been taking Jernigans 4 a month no change.
Kat29-
Hi, I have chronic EBV and my doctors told me that many times when you get pregnant your ebv symptoms will go away, but your body may have a major relapse after the baby is born. I think it is similar to people who have other autoimmune issues. Good luck!
Hi, thanx for the info. Do you know if the ebv virus can harm or cause problems to the baby?
I'm 29 soon to be thirty. I don't think it has anything to do with age.I think it depends on the strength of our immune system. May be the weaker it is the longer it takes for medicines to work. Not too sure though.

Your physicians hit the nail on its head ! Yes.... you will probably feel a lot better when you get pregnant, but then could have a major relapse after the baby is born. I'm happy you have physicians who know about this !

As far as passing along pathogens to your baby.... I guess it would depend on which pathogens you have. There are many CFS patients who have L-form bacteria and to my knowledge, that can be spread to your baby. Here is some information on the subject that you may find to be helpful :

http://bacteriality.com/2008/07/31/hpv/ --- HPV found in breast milk

http://bacteriality.com/2007/10/31/family/ --- Bacteria vs. genes: the spread of chronic disease in families

PlateletGal-Yes, my physicians did hit the nail on the head. They DID say that I would most likely feel good pregnant, but after the baby is born, I would feel terrible and it could last for longer than the previous times and could be worse. I have a friend with lupus who had never felt better in her entire life while she was pregnant. All of her symptoms left her for the first time in her life. After giving birth she had the worst lupus symptoms of her life. It's pretty crazy how that works, huh?

Kat29-No, I don't believe it would cause any harm at all to the baby. In fact, your body usually protects itself from sickness like this while you are pregnant. That is the good thing about it.

PlateletGal-I just looked at those links you put up. That is very interesting. I had never heard of that before. HPV found in breast milk? Wow
Has anyone ever heard of mega doses of vitamin C to help with autoimmune issues? I'm going to go to a lady who specializes in natural remedies and also works with a Dr who says this really helped her family members with chronic fatigue. I also heard an infomercial on AM radio that talked about the mega doses of vitamin C and they were saying the same thing. I have heard about it 2 times now. I think I am going to try it. I guess you need to be monitored though, because the doses are so high.

Has anyone else heard of this??

Hi carisa,

Glad the information was helpful.... it is wild, isn't it ? Dr. Garth Nicholson talks about all of the pathogens that are found in not only FM/CFS patients, but autoimmune diseases as well. He explains how mycoplasmas are involved with autoimmune diseases. You can google his name and his website will be the first one on the google search (Institute of Molecular Medicine) I've read that he had CFS and so does his wife. He was a HEM/ONC physician and has a very impressive bio. The military has given him millions of dollars to do more research on Gulf War Syndrome.

I haven't heard about taking mega doses of vitamin C for autoimmunity issues. The supplements that I'm taking are:

magnesium (powered)
vitamin B complex (sublingual --- available at Walgreens)
ACETYL-Carnitine
COQ10
zinc
flax seed oil (helps with inflammation)
L-Lysine

I also take my regular dose of vitamin C and E.

I'm currently on Dr. David Jernigan's protocol, which targets viruses, pathogens, mycoplasmas that are making me so ill.
Many years ago, probably about 14 years ago, i had made an appointment too see a doctor because of extreme fatigue, the doctor ran many tests all coming back negative, I originally was being tested for HIV because someone close too me had it. That was and still is negative...... but the dr seemed too make me feel like a freak because of my crying spells ( i was scared too death obviously of a possible positive hiv result and living with someone you love is like playing with a loaded pistol because of your constant fear of someone becoming infected) well after everything coming back ok, he did one more test, and it was for EBV, it came back positive. I asked him, what do i do, he said take more vitamins and rest. i looked at him like he was from another planet, i just finished telling him i'm a caregiver for someone with a very serious disease, and had two TEENAGERS! WHAT parent gets rest mentally and/or physically with children? lol. Well he said he could give me vitamin b12 injections, at first WHOA i loved it, worked like a charm, that day, even, but as time would go by those injections stopped working and no energy, no will, again, at all. He told me i would have too live with it.
Now at 43 I went too another doctor since also being diagnosed with a severe liver disease obtained just a few years ago, and a doctor, not my gastrologist said: no you dont have EBV you were exposed too it but you grew an immunity too it, no further medical attention is needed he stated. WHAT do i do? i have NO energy but i also related this to another underlying health matter i got after being exposed too EBV, and then my husband died, my daughter got pregnant the same month my husband died, and my son went too jail from a domestic sitution not being able too handle the death of his father. so much has happened, yet i find no peace and harmony for myself. What do i do when these dr's state you dont need additional care, or give you some excuse such as this? and yes the doctor is aware of my other medical conditions but instead he put me on 25 mg xanax (which i dont like because it gives me mood swings) I asked for it's cousin, klonipin (klonopin) instead and explained it doesnt make me feel so moody and groggy and i'm not forgetful as i tend too be on that xanax. I've been on paxil, zoloft, and celexa with no signs of hope.
Can EBV itself intefer with liver disease and the side effects liver disease promotes, FATIGUE, confusion, etc?
Are there new medications soley for EBV that are liver friendly?
Best regards,
anita
"Are there new medications soley for EBV that are liver friendly?"

I would definitely consider seeing a Naturopathic physician and asking him/her about homeopathic formulas that target the Epstein Barr Virus.