Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
just positive epv or more?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

just positive epv or more?

For the past two months i have not been feeling like myself. i went to my primary doctor who said most likely i have lymes disease even though i have no tick bite. i got a referral for blood work and when my results came back only thing that came up was that i was positive for epstein barr. the doctor however did not offer me antibiotics or an antiinflammatory to help with the pain. i know i should be happy that it is just epv and not something more serious but i cant help to think thatit is something more. my symptoms are and have gotten worse:
Severe headaches, joint pain primarily my left arm and hand, pain in middle of back by spine, extreme fatigue, memory loss, depression, hot/ cold spells, constant nautious feeling, limbs going numb from time to time, senitive to light, inability to concentrate, mood swings (ive been extremely mean lately even to my 6 year old son). my boyfriend and family seem to think im overly exaggerating but i truely feel it is something more than epv. anyone have any advice or similar probelms. what should be my next step if i dont agree with my doctor?
in addition i know it is fairly common to transmitt by kissing my son is he going to get it?
Hi, sorry to hear you're not doing well!  So did you actually get tested for Lyme's?  I wasn't completely sure based on your post... but it does sound like you have EBV, and all the symptoms you're listing really aren't out of line with what I've heard from some other people's cases.  My advice would be to try to get as much rest as possible; the more you try to "tough it out", the longer it will take your body to fight off the infection (at least it did for me).  As far as Lyme, I don't really know anything about that, but I know there are other people on here who do... hopefully one of them will chime in.  Also, it's possible that your son could get mono/EBV from you, but the good news is that it's usually less severe for younger people.  IF he gets infected, he may just have flu-like symptoms, or possibly nothing at all; everyone is different.  Hope things start going better for you!