Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
need help...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

need help...

in March 2012 suddenly began getting naseuas and vomiting from day to day and had a bleeding stomach for about 5 days repoerted it to my doctor... I got a nasty cold on the march break which seemed to go away after a week and a half, come easter sunday the following april i woke up with what felt like a hangover, hadn't had a drink in months...I had a migrane (migraine) cold chills, vomiting and a fever (without a temperature)...this would last for 3 and a half months...and there would be other symptoms as well like swollen glands, sinus pressure and chrionic larengitis, pain shooting through every nerve in my body with extreme weakness and fatigue...after 2 and a half months my doctor did a test for mono and discovered I had EBV... he said I would be better in another month or so...wrong...after going to a different doctor to try and get antibiotics for my larengitis as my doctor would not prescribe me them I was able to convince another doctor to let me see if azithromycin would help...the day I took it my sinuses drained that night along with my ears and over the next couple of days my voice came back...a 5 day treatment seemed to have me back on my feet again after  being a zombie for 3 and a half months...however I still had chronic fatigue and pain in my muscles and joints. As far as having my stomach looked at for the cause of bleeding  i was told the scope revealed my stomach was very healthy and there was no sign of ulcers or anything else that could have caused it...since then I have had sciatic inflammation with pain shooting through my nerves in and muscle pain accompanied with fatigue...it seems that excercise causes my body to crash into this state and I actually spent all of Sept and Oct of 2012 with with fluid in my ears fatigue nausea and vomiting  to the point that I lost 20 lbs...any excercise would cause me to start feeling pain shooting through my nerves and vomiting and leave me in a state of fatigue for the next couple of days...I have deteriorated physically this past year almost instantly from being very healthy and fit...it seems that the symptoms have become milder but they still persist...it has greatly affected my carreer and personal life...and my doctor seems to think think that my mono has been cured since last June...I would like to know what the hell is going on with me?  the pain I have been experiencing from this has been consistent and yet he seems to think that it is possibly being caused by depression...I am not depressed though...he really doesnt have any answers for me and I dont know if a am going to deteriorate into an elderly man overnight or what...a lot of different things like celiac and diabetes have already been ruled out...I dont know who to talk to aboiut this that has experience with EBV as his knowledge is limited and is certain that it would not have caused the nasuea and vomiting symptoms I had for so long...any advice and information would be greatly appreciated