Erectile Dysfunction Community
25 y/o with erection problems and stinging

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Hi all, the issues I'm about to describe have been going on for about 10 months now, and are really getting me down - I need to sort it!

I am struggling to get an erection, and am getting general numbness on my penis. This goes through phases where it seems a lot worse (no erection at all), and sometimes I get hopeful it may be getting better. As well as the numbness, there is a tingling inside, that becomes a sting when I urinate or when I ejaculate. I also find that when it's at it's worse I don't produce as much semen when I ejaculate. I also find that I get a small amount of discharge, and feel that I need to go to the toilet more often. I have had all STI tests (all negative), and have seen a urologist who has stuck a tube down my penis and given me an ultrasound on my bladder, giving me the all clear each time.

I know psychological issues come into this, however, I am convinced it must be something physical due to the stinging and small amounts of semen issues and discharge. When it's not so bad, I find I can masturbate more often, however, when it's at it's worse it's pretty hard to masturbate.

A couple of months ago I did a test, and didn't masturbate for 2 and a half weeks. I found that my erection had come back, and that the numbness was disappearing and I was actually feeling "horny". So I masturbated - and when I ejaculated I felt this intense stinging pain, much worse than normal. The week or so after that, I found that the numbness and lack of erection had come back full on.

It goes up an down as to how severe it is, and I can't really work out a pattern. Recently I have been getting other symptoms that have led me to believe that I have a recurrence of a wheat allergy I used to suffer from as a kid, although this hasn't been confirmed yet, I'm awaiting results. I wonder if this could have anything to do with it?

Any help on the above issues would be much appreciated. As I say, I'm sure it's something physical and not mental.

Thanks in advance.