26 Erection Problems
I am a 26 year old who has a weird problem,   when I am with a real girl I can't get good erections,  but when I masturbate my erections are fine... Since I started masturbating at around age 12 or so I always did it in a kind of strange way,  I put my hand over my boxers or shorts and rub that way... I am worried that might have changed my penis to only respond to that feeling.... when i try and masturbate in the shower which is more similar to the real thing.. that doesn't work either.   If i stop masturbating for a while will it increase my sensitivity?
How often do you masturbate? Yes, if you stop masturbating for a few weeks that just may solve the problem.

It's very normal to experience less than stellar function down there when you are with a girlfriend when you masturbated earlier in the day.

When you masturbate, are you thinking about something or someone that arouses you?  And when you are with a girlfriend, do you think of the same things? Are you nervous when you are with a woman? Being nervous could be why you cant perform.

You dont have to respond, these are personal questions but definitely something to think about.

If you are sexually open with your girlfriend, you could try experimenting with pornography on the television, roleplaying, toys, etc. just to enhance the pleasure and make sure you do not have a bonafide medical problem. Try dirty talking, having her wear lingerie, engage in foreplay, etc.  Get creative. You are 26, so I doubt you have high blood pressure or something that would cause problems. Are you overweight? That can change things too.
Thank you for your response...  I have been trying to cut back my masturbating recently to about once a day,  but I used to do it multiple times a day, usually around twice a day but sometimes up to 4 times a day if i was home alone all day... I know thats a lot but i have a pretty high libido.  

Usually I either think of my girlfriend or watch porn... but i do become pretty nervous now because I don't want to be embarrassed  

as far as my health i would say I am average,  not overweight, my only problems is a drink a lot on the weekends and smoke cigs when i drink... but i don't do any drinking or smoking at all sunday through thursday