Erectile Dysfunction Community
Best OTC remedies for ED?

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Best OTC remedies for ED?

I've been with this guy for months and he's apparently unable to get and/or keep an erection. He's in his mid-40's and I realize he's at an age where these things 'happen.'

How do I broach the subject with him without hurting his male pride?

For starters, he's not a very affectionate or open guy, even though I'm very open and affectionate. Could his reserved nature be clashing with mine, causing this failure to function? I do believe he's attracted to me because he came looking for me, to begin with, and he does tell me I'm beautiful.

He drinks, but only on occasion, so I dont think that's the cause.

I'm wondering if there are any good OTC remedies, like Libido-Max or Enzyte, that he could try first? Any recommendations?

You're right, guys are extremely sensitive when it comes to ED. You'll have to be VERY subtle and patient. Try to convince him to go see a urologist, only a doctor can determine the exact cause of his problem (vasculogenic, psychogenic, etc) and prescribe the right treatment. It's no shame to seek professional help. ED is extremely common and age shouldn't be a problem.

And no, I wouldn't recommend any of the products you mentioned. Herbal products are not FDA approved and many of them can do more harm than good. I used to take a natural supplement that contained yohimbe and I had to stop because side effects were unbearable (headaches, restlessness, etc). As far as I know, the only natural supplement that is clinically proven to work is PRELOX. Again, go see a urologist before you decide to start any kind of treatment.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I hope this helps. Good luck!
Thanks for that.
I've read about yohimbe so i'm aware that it's to be avoided. what about Gingko? i think i read somewhere that it had some beneficial effects in the area.
In middle 40 you said? It can be something more serious than simply ED problem. ED problem can be caused by lots of things like big stress at works, bad diet or even blood pressure problem, it can be a problem of few basic groups: organic, psychological and iatrogenic.. You should definitely go see a doctor. You should take to him calmly and say that you care about him and just want to be sure that everything is ok. If doctor say no problem - you can keep trying with a clear mind that you checked most important thing
Thanks, Steffs. I've thought about that, too. I'm just trying to find an 'in' to delicately approach the subject.
you should ask how long this has been going on.  Was he married, or been in previous
relationships?  You know, this issue could be the reason he's single again.  At some point it has to be broached since it probably won't improve on its own.  Forget the herbal stuff, if it turns out he's healthy and really eager to fix this, then have him try (a small amount) of Viagra.  In the 1st few months of a relationship he should be in the 'lust' stage, and what you describe is the opposite.  Time to confront the issue.