Bluecross Blueshield insurance question
I'm an 18 year old male, suffering from sexual performance anxiety.
sometimes when im with a girl i just get so anxious, adrenaline starts pumping and i cant get an erection/cant keep one.
i've been considering getting prescribed viagra/cialis to help.
however, i'm a little embarassed to tell my parents, who's insurance i'm covered by, about this.
if i set up a doctors appointment, pay the copay myself, and bring my dads insurance card, will he be able to know what specific medication im prescribed?
I told him i had anxiety issues, but he most likely thinks im just going for general anxiety/ getting medicated with your typical SSRI's. I did tell him i was going to go to the doctor to ask about/be prescribed medicine for my anxiety.
would he know what medication im prescribed? simply because im being covered by his insurance?
thanks.
It's normal to have the anxiety issues that you are having. I've always had problems when I''m with someone for the first couple of times, until I feel relaxed. In trying to answer your questions:

Drugs like viagra/cialis will not help you with anxiety issues. They are made to imcrease blood flow to the penis for people with ED, like myself. My dr. did give me some to see if they helped with anxiety but they didn't. You just need to relax, take your time and talk to your partner. She'll understand and will not make you feel as pressured to perform.

If you do go to the dr. your parents will get an explanation of benefits (eob) from the ins. co. It will only state when your appt. was and and tests or lab work done. It will not state any medications given or any thing like that, so your safe about your parents finding out about the sexual part of your appt.

I hope this helps, but remember just relax and you'll do fine.