Erectile Dysfunction Community
Cant get erection

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Cant get erection

I am 27 and could not get erection with a willing girl. Although i do get erections with my girl friend. But now a days i do not get erection during masturbation. I use to watch porn and masturbate simultaneously for last few years. how to get rid of this
Tags: cant get erection
its more than 23hrs and nobody has replied my concern of Erectile dysfunction.. Requesting all to kindly reply me with ur valuable advice.
If you are under 40, and not on specific medications and don't have a serious medical condition, the causes of your copulatory ED are almost certainly anxiety or porn—or a combination of the two. Here's a simple comparison test to check for porn-induced ED:

1. Masturbate to your favorite porn.
2. Try to masturbate using no porn and no fantasy - only sensations. Masturbate with same speed and pressure as you would during intercourse.

Compare one and two. How erect was your penis? How long did it take you to reach orgasm? What was your level of excitement? A healthy young man should have no trouble attaining a full erection and masturbating to orgasm without porn or fantasy.

• If you have a strong erection on #1, but problems on #2, then you have porn-induced ED.
• If #2 is strong and solid, but you have trouble with a real partner, then you have anxiety induced ED
• If you have problems during both 1 & 2, you may have severe porn-induced ED, or an organic problem. When in doubt, see a good urologist.

If you believe porn is the cause follow these 2 links to Medhelp threads on porn-induced ED. Read the stories. If you want to know more locate my first 2 posts on the link #1

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/22-with-porn-induced-erectiledysfunction/show/469209?page=1

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/201107/porn-induced-sexual-dysfunction-is-growingproblem

Alos, On GOOGLE VIDEO find  “Erectile Dysfunction And Porn” - watch the video series.

Here’s a Psychology Today article on it
Porn-Induced Sexual Dysfunction Is A Growing Problem
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/201107/porn-induced-sexual-dysfunction-is-growing-problem

good luck
thank you so much for your reply it really gave me a bit reliever and confidence.. Also I forgot to mention I get morning erection and it is very hard.
I am sure it is a porn induced psychological ed.
Is it 100% curable.. if yes can u suggest me the steps.
Have you watched the vidoe series and read the Psychology Today article?
The answer is to of course stop porn, and for most guys - stop masturbation until erectile health returns. It is 100% curable.

Again go to this thread and find my first few posts, and follow the links -
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/22-with-porn-inducederectiledysfunction/show/469209?page=1
Hi Palpatiet, hope u r doing well.!
just wanna update u that today is day 13 of me without porn and masturbation.. But still my erection is not in normal as whenever I want to be erected and which will happen over a period of time. m sure I will get my erection back as I use to college days whenever I want to get erect.. But I have been dating a girl for past four months now and I get erect even sitting beside her or speaking to her on phone.. But at the same time I can't get erect with one of a willing female in my office. So is this means that  I can get erect only with the person I spend time and be comfortable with?? Need an advice on ths problem.
dear all,
Today it was day 16 of me without masturbation and porn but I tried having sex with a willing girl in my office and even today I couldn't get hard.. I was aroused but not hard at all and ejaculated soft only.. Pls advice me if it is normal and whether I should start my entire recovery process again.. I really need a helpful advice from u.. Awaiting for all of ur valuable response
dear all,
Today it was day 16 of me without masturbation and porn but I tried having sex with a willing girl in my office and even today I couldn't get it hard.. I was aroused but not hard at all and ejaculated soft only.. Pls advice me if it is normal and whether I should start my entire recovery process again.. I really need a helpful advice from u.. Awaiting for all of ur valuable response
If you have porn-induced ED, it takes much longer than 16 days to see results. See the link and my first 2 posts for links to more info.

A few things:
1) Performance anxiety can arise from porn-inuced ED, so you end up with a combo of both
2) Many guys get erect in anticipation, but los it during sex. This seems like performance anxiety, but once the rboot their braibs, it does not happen anymore
3) Caring about someone increases oxytocin which assists erections

Again the simple test in the first post helps youdetermine the source of your troubles. If you can get hard masturbating to sensation only, then anxiety is involved.

HEY MAN I THINK I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AS YOU DO....I HAVE A NEW GIRLFRIEND BUAND WE HAVEBEEN INTIMATE A FEW TIME SBUT I JUST CANT MAINATIN AN ERECTIONWITH HER....SHE IS ATTRACTIVE AND DOES AROUSE ME BUT I DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO ACHIEVE POTENTNCY UNLESS PORN IS AROUND :(