Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
Curve at the top

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Curve at the top

I have a curve slight to the left of an erection towards the top of my penis.  Since about a month ago I had a perfectly straight erection.  I am 53 years, and I've never heard of something like this.  The arousal phase is normal, accept that I have to stop the arousal to start over again with the erection.  I consider myself healthy, and enjoy a lot of visual stimulation before arousal.  Could it be psychological?
Tags: left, TOPS, curve, AT
Hello

You can relax now. As you age, you may notice a few differences in your body--like less hair, etc. A slight curvature of the penis may be caused by some calcification and is not a cause for concern.

Some penises are completely straight, some curve up or down, and some curve to one side or the other. All of these are simply physical variations—like the difference in peoples’ noses. The only time to be concerned is if your penis begins to curve so extremely that it’s difficult or painful to be sexual with a partner. If this is true for you, you should see a urologist for diagnosis and treatment. Otherwise, stop worrying and realize that with age comes great wisdom as well as a few physical surprises. Keep yourself healthy, and there's no reason why you can't enjoy your sexuality throughout your whole life. Dr. J
Even i have curve at top. But i enjoy my sex life without any problems. Why you worried?