Erectile Dysfunction Community
Difficulty Maintaining Erection

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Difficulty Maintaining Erection

I posted this before but didnt realize was wrong section..I want to apologize in advance for this large amount of information I just felt it was necessary for accuracy. I am 21 year old male I had to have open heart surgery when I was six days old it was an experimental procedure my arteries were backwards so that no blood or oxygen was getting to my head, arms, or my legs. I do have a seven degree curve in my spine from Scoliosis and I do have Raynaud's Phenomenon. I am uncircumcised about 6 inches in length and 6 inches in circumference.

I don't know if I have always had this problem or if it something that I have just noticed recently. I have trouble getting what I would call fully hard. I also feel myself getting into a flaccid state fairly quickly even with stimulation. I can ejaculate when masturbating (to clarify the normal or traditional method of stroking) but it feels pretty malleable and flexible and not solid as I would think most erections should feel like unless there are variances with being uncircumcised that I don't know about. I know as far as circumcised penises go my mate can get really hard way firmer than I have gotten anywhere close to except on rare occasions.I mean from time to time randomly I can get a rock hard state but it is rare and never intentional.

I am not sure if this added to my issues but I did develop another way of masturbating when I was very young at about six years old requiring me to be in a flaccid state I lay on my stomach and fold my penis pretty much in half before pressing it flush to my body with a closed fist my knuckles into the floor letting my body weight push into it sliding back and forth until finishing.

I have tried to look around at possible issues of what it might be but currently I have no resources to see a doctor and waiting to win the insurance lottery before I can get any kind of consistent help but I would like to have some idea as to what I may be dealing with in order to better resolves these problems.

I would also like to note that I do tend to masturbate a lot more than most guys because as far as I can tell I am not sated so I tend to masturbate about 8-10+ times a day..as when I masturbate I can never finish just once it always 2-3 times in a row..with my personal way of masturbating i can easily push 15-20+ times a day

I just fear a problem like this will mess up my relationships..and hoping to find solutions

does anyone have ideas as to what my problem would be?

I thank you for your patience and time spent reading this
Hi there!

Erectile dysfunction can develop in young adults due to a variety of causes. Psychological stress, performance anxiety, depression, neurogenic disorders peyronie's disease, body image issues, medications, alcohol, smoking, drugs/medications, hormonal imbalance, radiation therapy, kidney failure, metabolic disorders, multiple sclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, prostatitis, urethritis etc. just to name a few. None of the medical conditions is the past history is likely to be responsible for the condition in your case. Anxiety and stress play an important role in adolescents in the development of erectile dysfunction; and is the most common possible cause. At a primary level, I would suggest being a bit relaxed and working on the psychological factors. You could also see a psychotherapist/ behavioral therapist for the same. It might also be beneficial to get rid of factors like smoking/ alcohol/ drugs, if involved. In case this doesn’t work, or you have difficulty controlling anxiety; I would suggest seeing your primary care physician for an evaluation of the above mentioned causes and appropriate specific treatment.  
Hope this helps.  

Take care!