Erectile Dysfunction Community
Does Second Hand Smoke cause ED?
About This Community:

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does Second Hand Smoke cause ED?

Has anyone ever heard of second hand smoke causing or contributing to Erectile Dysfunction?

My husband and I are trying to concieve (conceive), but the past year or so he has had problems with ED, although he is in his mid 40s, in good health, exercises regularly and recently quit smoking. I have been a pretty heavy smoker for the past twenty years, sometimes more than two packs a day, and although I've recently tried (and failed) to quit, I dont see myself giving up my cigarette addiction anytime soon. Although my husband has occasionally complained about my constant chain smoking, smelling like an ashtray, etc - he has usually been fairly good natured about it, but with his recent problems with ED, I think he's starting to speculate as to whether or not his ED or Impotence may somehow be caused by second hand smoke exposure resulting from my incessant smoking. Any thoughts?