Erectile Dysfunction Community
ED problem

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

ED problem

Well Recently I have been having great sex with my girlfriend, but this week I have encountered a problem where my penis loses its strength in the middle of sex. I have no problem getting an erection, before this week, I would last a while until she achieved her orgazams. I will admit that for a long period of time I would be masturbating every day and twice a day. I can say I am addicted to porn. I am trying to stop watching porn and masturbating. Now, I would like to know if my addiction to porn is causing a problem with my sex life. What I do not understand is that I would have no problem achieving an erection nor losing it while in the middle of sex, but lately it has just been that i cannot hold out my erection. Is it because of hormonal changes? or is it because of the addiction of porn?
You have identified your problem.  The most common cause of ED, or inability to maintain erections during sex is use of Internet porn for the under 40 crowd. We have seen it now for the last five years on our forums, even with guys as young as 14. Thousands of guys. Crazy. But doctors and therapists (like the ones on Med-help) have no clue this is happening.

If you have been using porn for masturbation on a consistent basis - go to this thread. Read all the posts. Find my posts (control + palpateit) and check out the links to articles and presentations that explain everything. Get educated so you can get well.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/22-with-porn-induced-erectile-dysfunction/show/469209

If you don't believe me - google this

SCIENTISTS: TOO MUCH INTERNET PORN MAY CAUSE IMPOTENCE (2011)
It may not make you go blind, but Italian scientists have identified a worrying side-effect of watching too much pornography.

Researchers said Thursday that young men who indulge in "excessive consumption" of Internet porn gradually become immune to explicit images, the ANSA news agency reported.
Over time, this can lead to a loss of libido, impotence and a notion of sex that is totally divorced from real-life relations.

"It starts with lower reactions to porn sites, then there is a general drop in libido and in the end it becomes impossible to get an erection," said Carlo Foresta, head of the Italian Society of Andrology and Sexual Medicine (SIAM).

His team drew their conclusions from a survey of 28,000 Italian men which revealed that many became hooked on porn as early as 14, exhibiting symptoms of so-called "sexual anorexia" by the time they reached their mid-twenties.

There was some good news, however, as the condition was not necessarily permanent. "With proper assistance recovery is possible within a few months," Foresta said.

Other data presented at the SIAM'S annual conference in Rome suggested that Germans are the biggest consumers of online porn in Europe, with 34.5 percent of internet users logging on to watch smut.

France ranked second (33.6 percent), ahead of Spain (32.4 percent) and Italy (28.9 percent)
Erectile Dysfunction questions?
100,000+ doctor answers