Erectile Dysfunction Community
Effects of Porn

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Effects of Porn

It is fair to say that I am a complete web porn addict.  When viewing, I have no problem getting an errection however over the years I have noticed that it has become harder and harder (no pun intended) to do so with my partner.  I am convinced this is b/c of the porn.

1.  Does anyone else have this problem or know that this is the case?
2.  If so, does forgoing the porn completely reverse this effect with my partner?

I know this is kinda a psychogical issues, but was hoping someone would share their professional insight and/or experiences
There have been studies that show visual stimulation from pornography can have negative impacts on the physical stimulation when with a partner.  Reducing or eliminating pornography viewing will return pleasure to the physical interaction with your partner because the focus will be on the sensations of touch rather than visual sensations.  On occasion, and if your partner is willing, light pornography as foreplay is okay.
I watch porn daily and do not have any erection issues in the bedroom with women.
However, I also DO NOT masturbate to porn. I just watch it and build my sexual excitement for my next encounter with a woman. I also watch it to learn new stuff to do.

You probably masturbate to porn which means you start feeling on yourself when the porn gets good. That makes your penis desire YOUR hand for stimulation PRIOR to getting a full erection. You're also rubbing yourself the best way possible, something a woman can never top. When I watch porn, I don't touch myself. Therefore, when I am with a woman I am desiring her touch on my penis, which means the sexual excitement is still there.

I proved that you can watch porn as much as you want WITHOUT MASTURBATION, and this will not cause any ramifications in the bedroom with a real woman.
So do you think by removing the porn (and there is quite a bit of it that i view) from my life it will help me get faster, stronger erections?
If you remove porn and masturbation out the picture, YES you will achieve better, longer, and harder erections probably within a month because it took me a month to adjust.

However, most people addicted to viewing porn can not stay away FOREVER from watching porn. Eventually they go back and the masturbating habit starts again.

If you love to watch porn so much and you don't think you can live without it, be like me and mentally practice watching porn without touching yourself. It is a challenge the 1st couple of weeks but after that it builds confidence within yourself because you realize you have self-control over watching porn.

Your problem is in your brain, not your penis. ED caused by porn is not psychological, it is structural and biochemical.

Many heavy porn users share your inability to get an erection without porn. The inability to get excited by a real-life sexual partner is called copulatory impotence.

Internet porn can become an addiction, and with all addictions the brain changes, or adapts. It does not matter if the addiction is to a substance or whether it is a behavioral addiction, the same brain changes result.

Today's internet porn is nothing at all like our ancestors ever encountered, with the constant novelty and genres of extreme porn. Unlike yesterday's Playboy, Internet porn overstimulates the brain structures responsible for libido, erections, and addiction.

Brain changes include a drop in dopamine receptors in the reward circuitry. Reducing the amount of dopamine receptors decreases your pleasure response to "normal" stimuli. In other words, real-life sexual partners and previous porn won't excite your brain enough to get your penis going. Turning on dopamine receptors is how you get turned on.

Here are two excellent presentations, by a science teacher, on the effects of pornography on the brain. They are non-religious, non-judgmental, and science based.

Erectile Dysfunction and Porn:
http://yourbrainonporn.com/erectile-dysfunction-and-porn

Your Brain on Porn - Porn Addiction:
http://yourbrainonporn.com/your-brain-on-porn-series

Knowledge is power,
good luck

Unfortunately, that sounds like advice from one porn addicted person to another.  You don't actually have any control over porn as you, yourself, pointed out.  You have just modified your behavior in order to continue the your porn usage with fewer ramifications to your real-world sex life.