Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
Erectile dysfunction for nearly 2 years.

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Hello doctor,

In brief, During an intercourse 2 yrs back i had severe pain, like penile fracture (as i researched). I had erection problems for a month but in few months it was back to normal. Suddenly, one day during sex i failed to achieve erection and ever since im having problems maintaining erection.

I consulted a sexologist, who prescribed me some vit E pills and anti-anxiety ones along with Penegra tablets for sexual activity. I have been using Penegra for sex but im not happy with ED problem.

I do surf net for porn, very regularly and for years, like 8 years. I can achieve erection whilst watching porn but its very short lived.

My question is: IS this Permanent ED? Please help me, im 27 and have lost all my confidence. I cant rely on pills, feel less of a man. Please guide me.

Thank you.

Dear jay_2020,

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

You seem to have developed Penile fracture and post penile fracture, the penile erection usually acheived is not of the same rigidity and also of the same duration, as compared to earlier to the fracture.

There would definitely be some amount of residual impact on your sexual function. Please do not be disheartened. You should be doing well soon.

However, you should be thankful that you are doing well with Penegra. You need to continue on Penegra for good erections. If you are a smoker, you should surely quit smoking because smoking also impairs erection.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Rajiv goel
Hello Doctor,

Well, isn't there any permanent solution to my problem? Like surgery which could get me back to normal life?

Dear jay_2020,

Thanks for the follow up.

You can have artifical penile prosthesis implanted into your penis but it is indicated only for patients who fail drug therapy.

Best Regards,
Dr. Rajiv Goel.
Thank you doctor,

Last question. I have read about cialis daily dose option. Is that right for me? Are there any such daily dose alternates? And is generic cialis the same as the branded one?

Thank you. Would appreciate your help.

Dear jay_2020,

In order to post a follow up question for additional answers, could you please copy and paste the original question and follow up question as a new paid question, so that your concern could be addressed as soon as possible by the doctor?

many thanks!

Dr. Rajiv Goel
Hello

I just wanted to offer my support for your situation! If you are positive and really want to get well i'm sure you'll get back on track. Dr Rajv's response is hopeful , you should really try his advices.
A related discussion, Medical advice on managing ED was started.
A related discussion, massive precum-help me was started.