Erectile dysfunction from taking saw palmetto
Hi there, i'm 19 years old and I took saw palmetto for about 5 days because it is known to increase sex drive and help with erectile function. After 5 days of use, it lowered sex drive and made my erectile dysfunction way worse. I just need to know if this is at all permanent. Has anyone else had experiences with this? I only took it for 5 days so im not as worried but I just dont know at this point. Any help is really appreciated.
*if* Saw Palmetto can lower DHT levels (an important sex hormone), and that's a big IF, then it might decrease sex drive, not increase it.  But after just a few days of usage, DHT levels will return to normal in a few days.  Not sure why a 19 yr old needs to be considering any stimulants for libido enhancement - you're at your peak of sexual function.  What would this mean for 5 or 10 years down the road?  Best to analyze why you think it's necessary at this stage.  
Its necessary because I have been suffering ed since the day I turned 18. I use to do drugs and they caused me the last year of pain now. I believe the symptoms of saw palmetto will fade, im just going to give it three months time. But man trust me, do not under any circumstance take saw palmetto. I'm warnin you now
saw palmetto was tried in the late 90's for benign prostate enlargement, and the results were rather mixed.  Then Proscar came along and pretty much ended that debate.  Saw Palmetto has faded into the background - it's possible you affected your DHT levels, but it will definitely only be temporary.  I quit Proscar for that reason, best not to fool around with sex hormone levels, in my opinion.  
So u think will only be temporary? Im two weeks off it and the side affects are still with me
I have also been thinkin about taking vitamin b complex to see if I can speed up the healing process. U think that its wise?
DHT levels should return to normal very quickly, I'm sure they would have by now.   You probably need to feel better about things, and if taking vitamin B complex helps will put you in a better frame of mind, go ahead.  Many guys take L-arginine, there's some evidence that it works a bit like Viagra.  It's very cheap at a health food store in the powder form.   You should try to determine if there's some stress or concerns in your life that is really the cause of this, seems unlikely at 19 that you're experiencing a physical problem.  
Well before this I use to have a physical problem cause i use to do alot of drugs and lived an unhealthy lifestyle which started this all. However I got things back no normal and was experiencing rock hard erections again. I still wasnt getting morning wood though for some reason, and some guy told me that sp was the answer to his sex drive and mornin wood. I starrted takin it and bamm 5 days later and im down to zero again