Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
Erection problems and then some

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Erection problems and then some

Let me start out with a brief overview. I am 18 years old.  I have never had problems getting or maintaining an erection before until recently. My girlfriend and I sometimes roughly grind against each other ( her rubbing up on my penis). I was wondering if this could cause injury? After one night of this I started to notice a problem getting and even maintaining an erection. Even when I am alone and masterbating (masturbating) this problem exists. My erections also have changed, they point straight out and are not as hard and solid as they used to be. I have been able to have sex like this, however I am concerned with the problem. Furthermore, when I first encountered this problem I noticed some scar tissue on the underside of my penis that I had never seen before. It runs vertical on the shaft of my penis starting at the foreskin going all the way down to the scrotum What could this be from ? Did I infact injure myself? Please help
This is a forum for emotional/psychological information only. You need to be examined by a urologist in order to determine if you have any injury, so make an appointment and ease your mind.

As to the scar tissue: That's something shared by every man. It's called the Raphe line. When male fetuses are developing, the penis and scrotum begin as a structure similar to the outer lips of a female, and then they fuse together at the midline, and this scar tissue is formed. Dr. J
Sorry for posting in the wrong place. Thank your help. But as for the scar tissue, this recently appeared on my penis.
go se a Dr