Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
Frequent Erections

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Frequent Erections

I am 25 y/o and experencing frequent erections, often 4 to 5 times a day from no stimulation.  They last approx 15-20 minutes and are sometimes painful.  Any help?
Hello.

I'm not sure what it is you want "help" with. Do you want your body to stop working? Because that's what it's doing. It's working just fine.

Men have erections throughout the day and night, during waking and sleeping. This is how your body responds. It's an "auto pilot" feature, if you will. Most men in their teens 20s find that they can relieve long-lasting and somewhat uncomfortable erections by having an orgasm. You should check in with your body and experiment with orgasms to find the optimal amount for you. Once you're having regular orgasms, you'll probably find the discomfort lessens. But don't forget: your body is working just fine. If you WEREN'T having erections, that would indicate ill health. Enjoy your sexuality and stop worrying. Dr. J