Erectile Dysfunction Community
Hard to Stay Hard

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Hard to Stay Hard

My penis won't get hard by itself when I am aroused. Even if I masturbate or my girlfriend does it for me it goes limp as soon as we stop. Is this normal or what can I do stop this?
I have had the same problem and similar problems at different times, i can get hard when i masturbate or when my wife is giving me a handjob, but as soon as i put it in her ,i start to go limp soon after.I do believe at times when u think about it ahead of time your anxiety keeps it from getting/staying hard, either that you have a medical problem. if i am really excited and she is really into it, and i stick it in her and keep going i can stay hard to orgasm, other times its el limpo.
Do you only have this problem when you are with a girl? Depending if you're young & inexperienced it might just be sexual anxiety. Even though you're really into it mentally your mind is not responding the same way.

Another problem might be your brain is "wired" to having arousal only when masturbating on your own with porn. Believe it or not porn is linked to erectile dysfunction if you use it occasionally or quite often. If that's the case you gotta get off porn immediately & only temporarily get off masturbating. Doing this will re-wire your brain to responding to affections you have with a girl.
As MamboItaliano said it may be all or partially porn related.

If you are under 40, and not on specific medications and don't have a serious medical condition, the causes of your copulatory ED are almost certainly anxiety or porn—or a combination of the two. Here's a simple comparison test to check for porn-induced ED:
1. Masturbate to your favorite porn.
2. Try to masturbate using no porn and no fantasy - only sensations. Masturbate with same speed and pressure as you would during intercourse.

Compare one and two. How erect was your penis? How long did it take you to reach orgasm? What was your level of excitement? A healthy young man should have no trouble attaining a full erection and masturbating to orgasm without porn or fantasy.
1. If you have a strong erection on #1, but problems on #2, then you have porn-induced ED.
2. If #2 is strong and solid, but you have trouble with a real partner, then you have anxiety induced ED
3. If you have problems during both 1 & 2, you may have severe porn-induced ED, or an organic problem. When in doubt, see a good urologist.

The following 2 links are to Medhelp threads on porn-induced ED. Read the stories. If you want to know more locate my first 2 posts on the link #1

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/22-with-porn-inducederectiledysfunction/show/469209?page=1

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/Too-much-porn-masturbation-causeED/show/183203

On  GOOGLE VIDEO find  “Erectile Dysfunction And Porn” - watch the video series.

Here’s a Psychology Today article on it
Porn-Induced Sexual Dysfunction Is A Growing Problem
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/cupids-poisoned-arrow/201107/porn-induced-sexual-dysfunction-is-growing-problem
Not sure just by reading your comments that i could have ED ? But my **** is useless . Everytime i jerkoff it only reaches a semi until my climax then its hard for 2 secs . When i have sex i have to concentrate very much to keep it hard ish but i can't feel nothing when i'm inside its just numb and very rare that i *** and sometimes unable to perform intercourse  ? My physically shape is good , i don't smoke or drink and train alot and i work so i 'm not suffering from depression.

What the **** is wrong with me ? Had this my whole life , now in my 20 s