How do I increase DHT or 5 alpha reductase
Hello out there,

When I was 15 I was put on accutane, not realizing at the time how it could affect me in the future. While I was on it, I had a definite decrease in libido and I couldn't stay hard for very long. Things sort of resolved after I stopped taking it but then when I turned 18 the problems returned. Just 6 months ago, I took saw palmetto because I had a problem with urinating. I didn't realize that just like accutane, saw palmetto also blocks dht. I just had a dht test done and it is indeed low. After using SP my penis shrunk alot, I never have a morning erection, and my erections are never beyond 70%. I was just wondering if anyone knew any way I could increase my DHT levels to restore my sexual functioning. I realize that high dht levels are undesirable but the proper amount is necessary to function. I just really want to know that I might have a chance of fixing this problem. Its been a year of this hell and I need some answers. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
Saw Palmetto at 18 for a urinary issue?  If the herbal supplement works on that (which is very much open to debate), it's for a slightly enlarged prostate, which happens when you hit 50 or 60, not 18.  And after not taking it for a while, your hormone levels should return to normal within days or a week.  If your DHT levels are indeed naturally lower than normal, it still shouldn't affect your libido since you're well past puberty (low DHT is bad during that stage, definitely can affect penile development).  And the thought that your penis actually shrunk because you took Saw Palmetto is really not possible.  I don't know about the long term side effects of Accutane, should be plenty of stuff to be found via Google.  On the plus side, you should keep your hair longer than most guys, maybe forever.