Erectile Dysfunction Community
How do I increase DHT or 5 alpha reductase
About This Community:

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How do I increase DHT or 5 alpha reductase

Hello out there,

When I was 15 I was put on accutane, not realizing at the time how it could affect me in the future. While I was on it, I had a definite decrease in libido and I couldn't stay hard for very long. Things sort of resolved after I stopped taking it but then when I turned 18 the problems returned. Just 6 months ago, I took saw palmetto because I had a problem with urinating. I didn't realize that just like accutane, saw palmetto also blocks dht. I just had a dht test done and it is indeed low. After using SP my penis shrunk alot, I never have a morning erection, and my erections are never beyond 70%. I was just wondering if anyone knew any way I could increase my DHT levels to restore my sexual functioning. I realize that high dht levels are undesirable but the proper amount is necessary to function. I just really want to know that I might have a chance of fixing this problem. Its been a year of this hell and I need some answers. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.