Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
Husband Loosing erection during sex

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Husband Loosing erection during sex
Dr.
Can too much porn and masterbation cause my husband to loose his erection during sex. We have been married 12 years and we have never had this problem. Also can guilt from infedelity contribute as well. He has no symtoms of erectile dysfunction as posted on this site,
Hi Romi.

Short answer regarding self-pleasuring: no.

I'm assuming by "infidelity," you are referring to your husband having sex with someone else? If so, this could definitely create feelings of guilt and discomfort which, in turn, could affect erections.

Sounds like the two of you need to get into counseling to discuss your feelings and resolve this issue. Find a therapist who is trained to help people with sexual concerns. Best of luck to you. Dr. J