Jock Itch and ED
Hello all.  I am a 40 year old male.  I have never had any ED issues up until now.  Here is the story: about 2 weeks ago I came down with jock itch and started using Clotrimazole.  Then, I switched it up to Econazole and as of this morning I am no longer itching in my crotch.  

However, as mentioned, the big issue is that I can no longer get an erection.  Can someone tell me if there is a correlation between either jock itch and ED or usage of the ointments I cited above in treating the itch?

Thank You.
Hi there!

Jock-itch or the use of anti-fungal ointments is unlikely to be related to erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction can develop due to a variety of causes such as psychological stress, performance anxiety, depression, neurogenic disorders, medications, alcohol, smoking, drugs/medications, hormonal imbalance, radiation therapy, kidney failure, metabolic disorders, multiple sclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, prostatitis, urethritis etc. just to name a few. Anxiety and stress play an important role in the development of erectile dysfunction; and is the most common possible cause. At a primary level, I would suggest being a bit relaxed and working on the psychological factors. It might also be beneficial to get rid of factors like smoking/ alcohol/ drugs, if involved. In case this doesn’t work, I would suggest seeing a urologist for an evaluation of the above mentioned causes and appropriate specific treatment.
Hope this helps.

Take care!