Erectile Dysfunction Community
Low Testosterone for age

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Low Testosterone for age

I'm a 31 yo born with unilateral cryptorchidism (undescended testicle).  An operation was done at a young age to fix it.  That testicle is underside and is probably not producing.  Overall I'm in pretty good health and shape, but do have sleep apnea (30<AHI<40).  I grew up with what I think to be a normal libido (very strong).  However in my young 20ties my libido started to take a slight dip.  I had a healthy long sexual relationship in my mid 20ties.  

The past few years have been pretty tough. Low libido and ED.  I found out about a year ago that I had a lifetime issue with anxiety and got counseling.  I got over it very quickly.  It was easy once I learned what is was, how it effected me and gained a sense of awareness. My counselor was impressed.  I feel that it is now under control, but my libido/ED continues to be a problem.

I recently go some blood work done. The following are my results:

Testosterone: 349 ng/dL
Free Testosterone: 1.06 ng/dL (0.95-4.30)
SHBG: 30 nmol/L (10-50)
FSH: 9.2 mIU/mL (1.6-8.0)
LH: 9.9 mIU/mL   (1.5-9.3)

My FSH and LH are above range.  My testosterone and free testosterone are in range, but are very low.  Low for my age range from what I read online.  My night erections were tested and were OK.  Although I never wake up with morning wood.  Today my doc has me started on Clomid  50mg 3 times/week. I'm suppose to go in for blood work in 6 weeks and and then see him again.  If this doesn't work HRT will then be tried.  I couldn't help but feel that he thinks the ED is mental.  He is aware that I am seeing a therapist and is in contact with him.  

I'd like to get some opinion.  Is this all in my head or is my low but within range testosterone to blame?  Do people with low but within range testosterone suffer from low libido/ED?  Will Clomid work to help increase my testosterone and thus help my libido/ED?  I know it works by increasing my LH levels to signal my testicle to produce more testosterone.  How high can LH go and since it's already high and out of range will increasing it even help?
First have googled Clomid, I just had quick look and yes it should incress your testosterone, and give a boost as well with your libido, but give it a read.
If you dont want to keep taken drugs the go the herbal and hormon way, I'm on DHEA and back it up with Tribulus, now these both do the same thing, as incressing libdo, testosterone and energy levals, the DHEA please read up about it, as it can give the odd person some funny side effects, now add in to this some cayenne, garlic and ginger, all 3 are good for your blood and will help open up your veins thus give more blood to your p***s, all these you can google for more info just add ED on the end.
Hope this helps.
Good Luck