Erectile Dysfunction Community
Low libido = Cialis????

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Low libido = Cialis????

This is my first time on the board so bear with me please. I did some research on this issue but I am still kinda lost about it all.

I am dating a wonderful guy and we have been together for about a year and a half. Unfortunately, my sex drive is such a dud that is really putting a lot of stress on our relationship. (Not the first one I have dated FYI and with every partner I have had it has been the same issue.)

I have never really had a great sex drive to begin with. I have always been like this for as long as I can remember. I thought it was my anxiety but that has been treated and is not an issue for me anymore. I went to my family doctor at first to tell him about my issue and he immediately started telling me it was my sleep apnea. I was recently diagnosed with that when I told them I was sleeping a lot but never feeling completely rested. I don't think this is the cause since I have been using the CPAP and my sex drive is still really low. I DO NOT get morning "wood" as it is referred to. I have never had a wet dream, ever. It also takes me an incredible amount of time to get off when I do get aroused. I masturbate maybe 1-3 times a week. I have noticed a little weight gain around my stomach area, nothing major, just a little more mass there. I work out, but never seem to gain any muscle or tone. I have facial hair and some body hair. I am still tired feeling all the time.

The doctor tested my Total Testosterone, CBC, Thyroid, and something else which I think was hormone reaction or something. They called and said everything was normal.

Medications I am on:
Lexapro 10mg/day
Lamictal 100mg/day
Prilosec 20mg/day
Multivitamin 1/day
Concerta 72mg/day
Allavert 10mg/day

I don't feel like the medication had any effect on my sex drive. Before I was on the medication the sex drive was the same, and that is why I came to that conclusion.

Just trying to get some input. It is really odd for a 20 year old male to have this issue :/

Okay. Got some bloodwork done. Doctor didn't want to test anything other than blood counts, total testosterone, and thyroid levels. Here are some of the results:

Total Testosterone: 511 based on a reference range of 250-1100 ng/dl
TSH: 1.575 based on reference range of 0.4-4.5 uIU/mL
The only other thing that concerned me was they said I am borderline diabetic, and they have said this twice.

I fasted for 12 hours for these tests and my Glucose was 96 on a reference range of 65-100 mg/dL. And previously it was 99 on the same reference.

The doctor put me on Cialis, which helped me get an erection easier, but I also have severe delayed ejaculation and no high desire to have sex. I am not easily aroused and I also do NOT get morning erections.

HELP!!!
From a physical standpoint, you are probably testing for all the right things.  Keep pushing the physician/urologist (If he loses interest in your case, find someone new)  
You also have to remember that ED (sometimes) causes low sex drive, and low sex drive can cause ED.  (see where I'm going here?)  I would never be so presumptious to say 'it's in your head', BUT... you (with your partner?) should probably seek out some therapy.  It MAY help, and it can't hurt.

GL,
Rich
Try some DHEA, but read up about first, it will boost your testostrone and libido, and you back that up with some Tribulus, again another boost to your testostrone and libido, worth it to google both of the and read.
Good Luck