Erectile Dysfunction Community
Low testosterone and response to testosterone injections

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Hello to all,
I am a 26 year old male suffering from secoundary hypogonadism which got diagnosed a few weeks ago. I got three total testosterone tests done with values at 255, 274, 247 respectively (reference was 300). Doctor then scheduled a test for the lh and fsh hormones which were at a low level as well with lh being 1.60 and fsh being 2.09 after which he diagnosed me with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism which is a fancy long word to say that my pituitary is not telling my nuts to make testosterone.

I had the classic symptoms of low T as well low libido, poor concentration, fatigue and erectile dysfunction. So the doc wanted to start me on lh injections but i wanted to try a T shot frst before starting with the lh to check for differences as lh injections take a longer time to respond. The problem is that it has been two weeks since that shot and i have no difference my libido is a bit better (only a bit) and there is no change in the erection. I still get weak erections which i lose within seconds if i don't keep touching the penis. On the fourh day of the injection i also got my T levels and estradiol checked to see if there is a difference, and surely there was a difference with the testosterone being 465 but the estradiol was at 52 (reference 56) while previously before starting testosterone it was at 19. Could this be causing the problem, can the erectile dysfunction be because of a different problem (nerve damage, vascular damage). I have to stroke the penis for a long time to get an erection which is weak as well and my penis is not sensitive to touching as it used to be. The morning erections have also not returned please give your insights.