Erectile Dysfunction Community
Masturbation causing weak erecitons

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Masturbation causing weak erecitons

Hi im 20 years old and when I was younger I used to masturbate at least daily. Only a year ago I realised that over masturbation can have many side effects on the body as such I have cut masturbation down to a maximum of 4 times a week. Unfortunately I still suffer from weak erections, high levels of anxiety, tiredness, bags under the eyes and difficulty concentrating.
I considered that this may be an andrenal problem and had the doctor run tests. My cortisol, prolactin, iron, testosterone came back all normal.
I recently took licorice and stopped masturbating for a period of 2 weeks. I noticed I was getting an erection very easily and my penis felt bigger even when not erect. I also noticed new small purple veins that I had not seen before.
The only problem is that once I started to masturbate again (Only 3 times a week) all my symptoms returned.
I always worry that if I masturbate the night before I get lucky that I won't be able to perform and i hate it. Any advice?
Also after not masturbating for a week or so I notice that when I orgasm I always get very intense sex flushes.
I advise that you stop masturbating entirely.
I know it sounds crazy, especially for a man. But nothing is more embarrassing than being with a girl and not being able to perform. Btw, have you ever been with a girl and performed just fine even after you have masturbated?
This sounds like it is psychologically influenced. It is not healthy for you to be intimate with yourself that often. Somewhere in your mind you must have realized that you are maybe even uncomfortable with masturbation. Perhaps you just prefer a woman to be with now.
I hope this is the reason. So i suggest that you just wait for a woman to do it for you.
First of all, masturbating once a day is not over masturbation. The only thing that can really happen when you masturbate too much (as in, many many times in one day) is that you can end up chafing the skin of your penis from the prolonged friction of your hand, but even this is pretty much harmless and clears up quickly when you give it a break. Also your symptoms sound as though they are completely unrelated to masturbating. The small veins may have always been there and you didn't notice them before as you weren't concerned about those details. Have you ever been with a girl the day after masturbating and not been fine? Is this what is causing your anxiety?
What you say is true Ashley , I had the same issue. Frequent masturbation, daily, twicedaily over long periods of time will lead to what you described including the Social Anxiety. I stopped masturbation for a week, my erections were harder and my social anxiety was nearly gone. I felt stronger phsyically and mentally stronger and when I say that im not just talking about my penis, just in general. I'm no doctor, but that doesnt not make me a expert on this subject. You said after a week or 2 u went back to masturbating 3x a week and had the same issues. I believe it takes a week of no masturbation to get the chemicals in your head back to normal (obviously time depends from person to person) but it only takes 1 orgasm to decrease those chemicals in your head. So if you have been masturbating frequently for several years , make take lots of self control and time to get back to "normal". I dont know if all this is 100% true but it worked for me. Just masturbate as little as possible and eventually those chemistry in your head will balance out. good luck
Hello again thanks everyone for your responses.
My symptoms have got far worse. I'm getting very dizzy and spaced out feelings. I also have bruises on both sides of my abdomen around where I think the kidneys are as well as a line of broken capilaries that connect the bruises. The broken capilaries make an almost symetrical pattern from the kidneys up to the lungs.
I am now totally unable to get an erection strong enough for sex.
I have spoken to a GP who has run a few tests but all the things she has been testing seem to not reflect my symptoms.
Has anyone heard of this? Is it possibly a kidney problem?
If a doctor was to respond I would be very appriecative,
Thankyou Ashley.
just ****** stop masturbating is it that hard for u?
if you masturbate too much you will get ED. My friend has serious ED, I got some problems, and it's all from too much ******* masturbation.

If you jerk off when you don't have any sperm and you dry pump, it causes massive damage. Don't jerk off to much! It's hard on your prostate and w/e, and it kills the youth of the organ. You'll perform like an old man. When you don't have sperm a chemical gets released that's bad for your member.
I don't know why doctors and sexologists always play down the ill effects of mastur*******bation. It *****'s u up! Plain and simple. Mentally BIG time. And obviously physically, generally, and sexually more specifically. Men were not meant to be doing themselves. Thats why women were created. Simple. Stop it, and see how healthy n strong u not only feel, but become!
Hi Ashley I suffer from same problem but when I give a gap of about 4-5 days I get much harder erections that stay for long. The best way is not to masturbate as much possible and stay away from stimulation such as porn or even thoughts. You can try and watch something comedy or engage yourself in some activity which interests you other than arousal stimulants. You may feel an urge to masturbate but when this urge is at peak and you think not to masturbate as this may harm your performance you will overcome it and will be able to control it. I know this is quite hard because I have experienced it but my friend its worth.
The above advice is quite comprehensive. You may add abdominal breathing, kegel exercises, Sat kriya.. Google these exercises, learn and practice daily. your progress will be rapid. Breathing is important in sexual entercourse. when you breath slowly, you may continue intercourse for a longer period. If you breath faster, you reach orgasm earlier. Control on breathing is control on your ejaculation./orgasm.