Erectile Dysfunction Community
No Porn or masturbation help?

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

No Porn or masturbation help?

Hi All,

Wanted to pose a question to the group.

So I've dealt with ED for years.  I'm young (in my 20's) and in perfect shape.  Impeccable diet, etc.  However, my ED has gotten to the point where I can't even easily achieve an erection when I go to masturbate.  It's horrifying to say the least and in real-life situations, forget about it.  Nothing F-ing works.

I've been to all the docs (urologists, endocrinologists, etc.) all of whom say I'm physically fine.  I've been reading recently though that excessive masturbation (I was up to 2-3 times per day) and excessive porn use (at least once per day for years) could lead to young male impotence.  I've been reviewing the site yourbrianonporn.com, but was wondering if anyone else not affilitated with this site could give me some objective feedback as to whether or not refraining from masturbation and porn use might help my brain reset.  I'm only a few days into my abstinance period; however, my sex drive is non-existent and I've tried getting an erection on my own, and it's almost worse than it was when I masturbated every day.  No morning erections either.

I've been trying to do other things to keep my mind off of my off of this (spend time with friends, I smoke a little marijuana daily just to unwind at the end of the day, play guitar, work longer hours, exercise twice per day, etc.).  Just trying to see if this approach has worked for anyone else.

Thanks.
That is a known issue when you abstain from porn and masturbation initially.  It may last for 2-3 weeks.

Everyone will require a different approach to stick with it.  The important part is to not give up prematurely.  

The effects of it are awesome.  I've experienced the flatline period, but now I seem to walk around with a boner all day and feel like an animal I have to tame when around women.  Not surprisingly, I have no trouble achieving and maintaining a solid erection during sex.  This is opposed to sitting in front of the computer stroking a half-erect penis to hardcore pornography like I was 1-2 months ago.

Heavy squats, deadlifts, and other compound lifts are very helpful in boosting libido, as well.  Zinc and Tribulus supplementation along with minimal alcohol/drug use are also helpful.  

But, I think patience and persistence with what you're currently doing will lead to huge improvements.
Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the post.  I don't know if it's normal, but I'm still abstaining (slipped once) and I still notice I'm not getting morning wood (or if I do it's ultra weak) and even when I start to "test" myself out by gently touching myself to see if I can be easily aroused, it seems as though my penis will begin to fill up, but that's the end of it.  Whatever that locking mechanism is that keeps blood trapped in the penis seems to have all by disappeared.  Like it's tired or something.  I don't know, maybe I'm looking too much into it.  Just thought I'd share.

-SrferDude
How is it doing now? The same thing is happening to me. I need to find out if it worked for you.
Please reply