Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
Over-masterbation can cause ED and infertility?

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

I am 25 years old,single. Started masterbation (masturbation) since the age of 16.Sometimes will masterbate more than 1 time a day.

Currently,I feel that there are some proplems with me.Here are some details:

Erection: Able to. Will form 45 degree angle with tummy.However,feel that penis is not as hard as before.
                  After erection,the head of penis still half inside the foreskin.The length of the penis is 11 cm.( I am a  
                  asian)

Ejeculation: Not really.The semen will flow out most of the time instead of "shooting" out.No pleasure or
                      satisfaction.Occasionlly, will shoot out the semen,about 50 cm distance.However,without pleasure  
                      also.

Sex experience:No. Afraid of unable to penetrate.

Semen condition: White in color.Thin.Sometimes will mix with some jelly-like things inside.

Medical History: Bilatral-Epididymis Cysts.Currently,the cysts are disappeared.( I do not know the reason).
                            Will this cause infertility?

Secondary Sex Characteristics: Thin moustache and beard.The rest are normal.
                                                   Remarks:My father have thick moustache.

Current question: Will everything recover to normal if I stop masterbation (masturbation)?

Thanks for helping me.
  • myth (4 replies):
    is matubration causes illeness to a male body n some of ...[more]
  • Pepper Schwartz (1 replies):
    Hi doctor, I wanna know that from the last 5...[more]
  • leak (1 replies):
    my age is 17(male), from 1.5 years I have started to see...[more]
  • Penis Size (2 replies):
    Hi...I am 19years old....my pennis size is only 4" nd 6"...[more]
  • masturbation (1 replies):
    I am 22yrs old I have been masturbating since I was in t...[more]
Hello.

First of all, take a deep breath and relax. You're suffering from a wealth of misinformation from myths and ancient fears about self-pleasuring (masturbation).

Self-pleasuring doesn’t affect your body in any negative way. Let’s talk about what we DO know about self-pleasuring.

It’s the surest way to orgasm and the most effective way to learn about our sexual response cycle, as well as the surest way men to learn orgasmic control.  If you feel you come too quickly, the surest way to slow down is to teach yourself a new pattern via self-pleasuring.

Another advantage is self-knowledge: How can you show a partner what you like if you don’t know yourself?

And the #1 reason for self-pleasuring: it’s fun!

Self-pleasuring is a part of who you are sexually—for your whole life, not just when you don’t have a partner. People self-pleasure from birth to death, when they’re alone and when they’re partnered. It’s just one of many options we have as sexual beings. It’s not better or worse than partner sex, just different—like steak is different than chicken.

Remember that all our scientific data show that the people who take responsibility for their OWN pleasure have the best sex lives and rate themselves as happiest about their sexuality. So please stop torturing yourself, accept your sexuality as a gift and start enjoying life.

This forum is for discussing emotional/psychological issues relating to erection concerns. If you’d like to ask a urologist about any medical conditions, I suggest you post in the Urology Expert Forum at:

www.medhelp.org/forums/show/113