Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
Penile Doppler Erection Lasted for 5:30 - 6 hours

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

I have ED (its mostly due to depression and anxiety disorder )

I used to get erection 20% of the time - normally and daily in the early morning when i get, i will have full erection.

So, I went to a urologist to seeking help. and told him this, and also i hv used Viagra - which helped me in erection.
He asked me to do Penile Doppler - and he didnt tell me anything abt it and scheduled an appointment for the examination.

When the day i went, he was out of office due to some personal reasons.  A technician scanned and another doctor came and injected something in my penis. in 10 mins it got erected. They did the scanning and asked me to come on a later date to see the doctor.

I was about to travel somewhere for around 7hours by road, I asked them is it ok to Travel and they said - thats not a problem. But the techinician - told its not necessary for this injection - if u have erection using Viagra. (that too after the injection - but i didnt bother abt that ) - after the test - they asked me to sign some paper work for medical release or something and someother things.

Since they said, i can travel, I started my travel and after 4hrs the erection was there with slight pain. I cudnt reach the doctor and so  I tried googling regardning . this and found that erection cant be for more than 4hours - by that time - its 5hrs or so... So I went to ER room and told them this - and they called my urologist some how and gave me local anesthesia and sucked all the blood out. it took around 6hrs almost or bit more.

Then the doc in ER asked me whether I can urinate and I cud. So they sent me home. Now its been three days, and its not erecting at all. I get slight erection(not erection - but the penis is getting thick - but its just some 40% of the normal erection) No erection in the morning when I get up too.

im going to be 30 in two months, and kind of depressed. Im not from US, and i came here for work. I dont know how to proceed.Please help. I wont smoke or do drugs.
Hello

I'm assuming that some of your inability to have an erection was temporarily due to trauma and that it's improving now.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what's going on. Only your urologist can give you an informed medical opinion after a thorough examination. You need to see your doctor ASAP. Remember that erection is created by blood flow to your penis, so if something is impeding that flow, you need to know. The injection you received was to help your urologist determine where any blockage might be, so do see your doc right away to find out results and options for treatment. Best of luck to you. Dr. J

1 Comment

Erectile dysfunction is the problem related to men's penis which can be cure by using generic medication like generic viagra, kamagra,generic levittra etc. .it give erectile for about 4-6 hrs. which give enough pleasure during sexual intercourse.