Erectile Dysfunction Community
Penile Doppler Ultrasound Results

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Penile Doppler Ultrasound Results

I am 30 year old male and I have erectile dysfunction.My general health is good and I have no diabetes,high blood pressure,atherosclerosis.A month ago I had a Penile Doppler Test.The urologist injected my penis with 40 mg of papaverine and after several minutes he touched my  erection and was very satisfied with the result. From what I remember my penis felt very hard on touch along the shaft, a little bit overstretched (my personal impression) with some flexability at the base. Then he examined the penis with doppler ultrasound for a while and at the end he said there were no signs of  blood flow problems. He wrote:after 40 mg of papaverine: normal blood flow.Left artery 55 cm/s  by 3 cm/s, right artery 50 cm/s by 3 cm/s (injection was on the left side). No signs of organic ED.According to him 55 and 50 is quite above 30 cm/s which is accepted as a lower limit for normal arteries and 3 cm/s is below 5 cm/s which is the upper limit for normal venous function. He also wrote that after 40 mg papverine I had obtained a stable erection. 10 or 11 days before the test I took cialis.Can this fact influence the test?How long does it take for Cialis to be completely eliminated by the body?Does the intake of Cialis influence the doppler test in any way?I told the doctor about this but he completely ignored this fact and did not postpone the test.I also had been taking somewhat large doses of anti-oxidants alpha lipoic acid,evening primrose oil,vitamin e and i told the doctor about this but he considered those not relevant to the test.Can those anti-oxidants interfere with the results from the doppler test?I read on the net that usually the Peak Diastolic Velocity should be 0 cm/s or even negative.Other sources say it should be below 5 cm/s,and mine is 3 cm/s.Isn't this a sign of venous leak?Do you think the results show normal blood supply? Was the test performed properly?Can it be some sort of cavernous smooth muscle dysfunction or doppler results show tissue is fine?
I also had a doppler ultrasound.  I 30 as well.  Afterwards, the urologist just said it was probably due to 'leaky veins'.  I find this hard to believe since my ED started suddenly.  One day I woke up with a boner.  The next day I didn't, and haven't since.  

Cialis doesn't stay in your bloodstream that long, so I don't think it had a role in the test.

I have a pain on the right side from my base all the up to the middle of my penis.  When I press down on the side to see what is the problem, I notice a uncomfortable feeling, maybe like a nerve that goes from my problem area to , it feels like all the way underneath my leg.  I notice grey areas when erect like not enough blood flow is getting to the penis also can't hold an erection as long as I use to.  A twisted penis also, it is started to give me pain and it is very uncomfortable and I am only 31, IS There anything I can do. larry 518.
hello.  you need to see a urologist or ed specialist and have the same doppler test that pmaule and N2008 are talking about.  Get there soon.  best wishes.
to all people who posted above me i have similar problems, what did you guys do/ has anything worked to fix problems and why/how long did it take?

thank you
what do they do about leaky veins?!

that may be my problem my ed happened after a jelqing while hard injury.  and now i don't get hard w/o medicine, and then it gets hard and then soft, hard to maintain harness.
Iam  31year old..recently i have gone through penile doppler study.doctor gave me an injection but i dint get irrection doctor said that mentally/physically to be prepared so it postponed.from then iam not getting proper errection when ever i think of sex or having sex with my partner which i was geeting before...can my errection problem will slove or i have to take any medicine from consulting a doctor?please answer this question and save my life...