Erectile Dysfunction Community
Penis tissue erosion

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Penis tissue erosion

I have been experiencing ED for about a year now, off and on. It has progressively gotten worse and I am becoming quite worried. At the Same time it appears my penis is eroding, losing thickness, worst at the base on the right side, and the erosion is spreading further, leading to weaker or no erection. Where it has worn away I can see white spots, possibly the nerve endings because the spongy tissue is gone. My Dr seems to be little help, can anyone provide suggestion? I have tried different herbal options which may have actually exacerbated the issue. Please help it is FRUSTRATING!!!!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
What you are having is erectile dysfunction and nerve problems may be responsible for this. It can alwso be due to injury to nerves; lack of blood supply to penis; in certain diseases like diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol; neurological problems like parkinsonism ,multiple sclerosis; stress ,anxiety, depression; too much of alcohol ,smoking ;injury to pelvic area etc. I suggest you should avoid alcohol and smoking if you have habit. Do sensual exercises, get counseling and eat healthy food.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the comment Dr Singh. I do exercise regularly and eat healthy, but I also drink and smoke. I did try ginko biloba, which really had no effect, to try and help with blood flow. One thing I will add is that my penis used to look really small when not erect, then it would get larger when erect. Now it is like it is hanging from a string when not erect, nothing like it used to be. Also, I can feel it burning/tingling under the skin as it erodes away. Would this all be par for what you are describing above? Thanks.