Erectile Dysfunction Community
Post Injury ED

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Post Injury ED

Three weeks ago during intercourse, my erect penis slipped out and impacted my partners body, resulting in a contusion and hematoma at the base of my penis underneath the back of my scrotom. My scrotom and penis swelled and turned dark purple. Two doctors (not urologists) recommended ice, rest, and ibuprofen after ultrasound of injured area. Swelling and discoloration is all gone now. However I am now unable to achieve an erection upon stimulation. Everything feels normal except the tissue in my flaccid penis feels denser.  There is no pain and I am able to ejaculate. I am confused because I was able to achieve an erection the day after the injury up until a few days ago. Do I need to just give this time or go see a urologist?
It is normal to experience some difficulty in erection after trauma to the penis. It should get better in a few weeks. The commonly prescribed drug by the doctors is sildenafil, which causes erections to be stronger and long lasting. However it is not safe to take this drug without a doctor’s advise.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.