Erectile Dysfunction Community
Priapism Episode

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Priapism Episode

About 1 year ago I had a priapism episode after a bit of an overdose of Cialis (maybe 40 mg) and alot of alcohol. At the time the Cialis was mostly for reassurance and not that necessary.

My guess is that I had an 8 to 10 hour erection that went away on its own without medical intervention. Definitely a strange feeling after that incident for quite awhile... a sensation of slight penis discomfort that I never had before. A year later I find that I don't get spontaneous erections often, soft erections are the norm and are only intermittent... even in what should be engaging situations I need direct stimulation to hope for a soft erection. It's difficult to have sex without some form of major help, like a full dose of Cialis and in that case it seems hit or miss. The size of my erection has also been subtlely affected.

I've heard all the warnings about permanent damage and this seems to be the case. Is there anything I can do to help my situation? Are there any new techniques or procedures or medications available or on the horizon (other than the usual ED choices)? Is there any possibility to help "heal" a penis that has been damaged due to priapism?
Erectile Dysfunction questions?
100,000+ doctor answers