Erectile Dysfunction Community
Signs of Impotence

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Signs of Impotence

My question is geared more towards how to approach my boyfriend regarding impotence I have noticed during intercourse.  I have noticed within the last few months that he would become flaccid during intercourse. The few times it has happened is when he is laying on the bottom and I'm on top. This never use to happen, we have been together for a couple of years now. I have noticed that we will begin with him having a full erection, but then once I am on top, and some times even towards the beginning of intercourse, he becomes flaccid and he guides me to moving fast. He actually enjoys me on top and always asks for me to be on the top, so I don't think it is the issue of him not being in the mood. He is 38 years old and had inguinal hernia surgery about 6 months ago. He had numbing sensation for a few months and is now going away, but now this is happening.  I don't know how to approach him about this as I act as if I don't notice it. It's hard for me to address because I don't want him to feel less of a man, and I'm sure he has noticed it and doesn't know how to talk to me about it either.  Any advice on how to address this with him in a sincere way?
as women should always protect the mans ego (especially sexually)… be honest and sincere.
It is probably more awkward not discussing it. He is probably psyching himself out with anticipation and worry over the situation- a discussion will help with this as well.
Approach it like you are in it together… Do not ask if he is not attracted to you (etc)… Tell him you are not disappointed and want to be patient and will be there as long as it takes… Make him comfortable in the moment with no expectations…. and dont make it a big deal
My fiance still appreciates the way I handled a similar situation with him several years ago (problem solved in a matter of days).
Just be honest and casual.. this happens, it is not unusual…
good luck
Thank you for your advice, I will try talking to him about it tonight. He has been extremely busy and stressed with work, so I'm assuming its that. I just hope it's not something more serious with his health. Could it be possible that something is going on with his prostate? At what point should he go to the doctors?
Hi J, Stress is a big sex killer, if you need to anything its get his stress levels down, soft lights, soft music, nice warming food, a nice warm bath together and get him relaxed befor you hit the sheets.
One last thing is meditation,those who practicing meditation also lowered there blood pressure and reported less stress and anger, well worth looking at.
Good Luck