Erectile Dysfunction Community
Suddenly unable to get erection

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Suddenly unable to get erection

I am 25 years old and I used to masturbate once or twice in a week.
For last one month I had no urges to masturbate and I never noticed about it. Today I had a wet dream and after getting from sleep I went for bath and tried to get erection. I didn't get erection, it did got little hard after rubbing it for sometime but not as expected. I then ejaculated and lost any erection in few seconds.
I am worried as this happened for the very first time and I am about to get married late this year. Please let me know if I should be worried or should consult a doctor or anything that could help me get away from this situation.

well the first thing that getting a wet dream is not bad or not guilty or sth that you should worry about. second thing is that a long time of masturbation may cause erectile dysfunction. Masturbation has some advantages and disadvantages also, it may increase your stamina and u may last longer in bed and second thing is that it helps blood to overflow to your penis. but disadvantages are also there ,, masturbation can cause you erectile dysfunction cause of damaging your erectile tissues or cells . it may also decrease level of your sperm count as well. you should consult a doctor and try to go to gym and eat some healthy food. eat strawberry and raspberry  also try to eat carrot and eggs .
Thank you for your answer
But I was not masturbating for more than a month now and never really had urges to do so. So this morning I just tried to have an erection but couldn't get it, otherwise I would have an erection within seconds of such thoughts.
I want to inquire what could have gone wrong in last month that I have one lost urges, secondly not able to get erection.
Could this be something serious that I should consult doctors or should try exercising running first. What would you suggest and if this phenomena is reversible i.e I will get back to normal ?
yea u will get back normal. if testosterone level is decreased u may not have an erection or may find it harder to get an erection.  because it is responsible to make you erect. there could be a chance that you have some of this problem as well so as i suggest you to go to gym what that exactly do is to stimulate you and getting muscle increase your testosterone level by your hard work. go for swimming it is big asset for increasing your testosterone level. as well as try this therapy that exercise as hard as you can for 10 seconds that it is hard for you to breathe then 30 seconds warm down and then 10 sec of exercise do it for 30 min and you will actually be doing 4 or 5 minutes of exercise but it will help you to get more blood flow through your body resulting more testosterone level and as it flows through your penis there are bigger chances for getting hard naturally. the food as i told are rich in zinc and vitamin c that will also help you to get hard this way u may also get harder for an average of 7 to 13 minutes in normal cases as i prescribe my patients but i hope u will b getting result soon. if you still have problem go to a doctor
Jaree you have been a great help in this all process.
I just want to add one more note to what I have previously said, that I have been under alot of stress in last 2 weeks as I have moved to a new country and been feeling homesickness since then. Can this also cause ED temporarily.
Also I can notice that I get erection during night but that is not full strong one, lets say only seventy percent of full erection. So what this suggest ... is it something physical or psychological?
BTW I went for the exercise you mentioned and will update you if any good thing comes out of it :)
yes .. sometimes if you are depressed or mentally upset or  in so much stress it is hard for you to get an erection. Even in some cases patients can't have sex when they are in stress like situations. So it could be temporary and you can manage it by making your self calm and more friendly to your environment. Other thing about getting erection at night about 70 % of erection it is almost normal. sometimes people get full erect at night or morning when they wake up and some times it is b\w 60 to 75 % ...