Erectile Dysfunction Community
Suspensory Ligament Damage?

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Suspensory Ligament Damage?

Has anyone on here tore their suspensory ligament? What are the symptoms? I'm pretty sure that I damaged mine, but I don't think I tore it. It's been five days since the injury, and it's really tender and sore at the base. I had one morning erection that was strong, and it stood up like normal, but the rest are really week at the base and hang down more than usual. I can still kind of move my penis when erect, which is good. I also have like a stinging sensation going on. Do you pee blood when you tear your suspensory ligament? Can you get erections after a tear? How much bruising is there? I went to the doctor, and he just looked at it for about ten seconds and said it was fine. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Guy, Well your be pleased to know that there is a surgical technique for this, if you google torn penile suspensory ligament treatment you will find the answer, but best get to your doctor and get the ball rolling.
Hope this helps you
Good Luck
Thanks again! I've been scouring the internet relentlessly for the past few days so I know all about it by now. It's not torn, that's for sure I think it's just strained.
Hi Guy, if you think its just strained the icepack it twice a day, by doing this it will attract blood to the area, and by doing this it will add healing, use a packet of frozen peas, wrapped in thin cloth, then you just chuck them back in the freezer each time, just use cheap ones, good for keeping at the back of the freezer for strains and bruises.
Good Luck
I'll start doing that. How long do these things take to heal? It's already been 8 days. Also, my little guy has been tingling. It's not going numb or anything, no loss of sensitivity. It get's worse when I pay attention to it. Any idea what this is?
Hi Guy, As they say if hurts don't play with it, but then if you don't your not finding out how its doing, but as men we do love to play with our JTs, the thing is its a ligament, when I broke one in my knee, 8 may be 10 weeks, and that was with tens treatment as well, it need to rebuild itself back to the way it was, but don't rush at it there slow to heal.
Good Luck
Thanks a lot man! It's feeling almost normal again, still a little sore but it is working just fine! I'm still definitely going to lay off the little guy for a while. It must have been a minor injury, but I was still freaked out about it since it's my manhood. I'm truly sorry for anyone who has suffered a serious injury to their penis, or who have problems with it. I would rather lose a leg! Best of luck to those people!