Testicle after Surgery
I'm a 47 year old male, a runner, lean fit body. I had hernia surgery a year ago, and since then my testicle on the side of the surgery hangs lower than before. The surgeon just dismissed my concerns saying that it would "take care of itself."

Before the surgery my testicles hung evenly, the same height. I'm in great shape, and I have always felt good about my body. I have even modeled for figure drawing classes.

But, since the surgery my right testicle is noticeably lower. Maybe this isn't endangering my health, but it bothers me. It's disappointing.

I think everything is working OK, but I am just not as sexual lately. Is it appropriate to see a doctor and ask for a thorough checkup just to make sure everything is OK? What kind of doctor should I see, a urologist?

Or, should I just talk to my family physician?
Hi Lean&Mean, Look all I can say is that I've always had one that hangs lower, and when its really hot then hangs even lower, the only thing that kakes them hang together is cold water, if this helps.
If from what your saying is right then if your libido is low the try some Tribulus, its just a herb, but incress your testosterone, lift your libido and kick up your energy levels, but give it some time to work as it takes 8 weeks to get to full power, then try some cayenne, mix this in some tomato paste and add some olive oil to thin, mix to a heat that suits you, once you have done your 8 weeks cut back to just 5 days out of seven, the cayenne take 3 small spoonfuls and wash down each with water, and take 3 times a dat just for 5 days, and after 4 weeks cut back to 3 days, see how your doing then and if its working come back and tell me,
Good Luck
ps and you can google them for more info.
Thanks for your insights and advice. I really appreciate it!
If your concerned about the function and appearance I would see a urologist.
Good luck to you!
Ginger
Thanks, Ginger!
I had hernia surgery in 1990 and I remember the doctor telling me that there was a possibility that my right testicle(that's the side my hernia was on) would change slightly. The options were that it could get slightly larger or smaller or hang lower. I don't remember that there was any noticeable change. So I think that what happened to you is normal based on what my doctor told me.
Thanks, Alan.
I guess maybe everything is OK, but I do feel disappointed. Someone might say, "What does it matter. No one sees it but you." or something like that. But, it's my body. And, it was fine before.
My doctor did not say anything to me about risks. He never told me there could be damage or changes. After I noticed the problem I asked him about it, and he was dismissive. He said, "It will take care of itself."
The doctor (surgeon) never even looked at my testicles before or after the surgery. Maybe he should have checked to see how things were before. I mean, if he had to make a judgement about the cord length or something.
I just hope that I can find a good doctor who will take me seriously enough to be upfront and honest with me in the future.
Thanks Ginger. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow.
Thanks, Alan. I see the urologist tomorrow. We'll see what he has to say.
I went to see the urologist, and he was very understanding and listened to all of my concerns. Then he gave me a thorough examination.
He said that my testicles hang differently because of the hernia surgery, that it is the way it is because this is where the surgeon closed things up.
I said that the surgeon never explained any risks or outcomes to me, and the urologist said that surgeons are more like technicians. They often do not have a good bedside manner.
The urologist told me that many men have complications after hernia surgery. He said that some have chronic pain.
So, I guess I am OK, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I still plan to talk with my physician about it when I go for a physical this month.