Trimix Dosage
Prostaglandine E1(50mcg) papaverine (30mg) phentolamine (1.5mg)  This is my trimix dosage.  I am told from other forums this is extremely high and should keep me hard for at least 2 hrs. I am suppose to go to 100 units but usually just go to 30-40 units. Still only keeps semi hard for 30 minutes or so and then another hour just fat but flacid. Not sure why such a strong dose does not work.
Hello Sir,

It is important to ascertain exactly who gave you this dosage and how they prescribed it for you. This dosage is within the adequate ranges for this drug, but a re-evaluation by your prescriber might be necessary if it is not working, The dose may not be as strong as you think, and if you're supposed to be taking 100 units, and only taking 40, it is best to be re-evaluated by your physician and check the dosages of each compound, and then start increasing the number of units at your physicians request.

Thanks!
A related discussion, Tri-mix a ure for ED? was started.
A related discussion, trimix was started.
If you were told to go to 100 units and you have only gone to 40, why are you surprised it doesn't work--you're taking less that half the prescribed dose. Everyone is different. If your dose isn't working for you, obviously it's not a strong dose for you--it's a weak dose. You're also not taking Tri-Mix if it only includes PGE1 and phentolamine--it's Bi-Mix. Tri-Mix will also include papaverine, which may be more potent than either of the other agents.
has anyone ever had bleeding from the ear after trimix use. I used it last night and woke up morning with blood on my pillow. this is my third useage at .5
This stuff is the best.  I use .2 and can have the best sex in my life for 3 hours.  It is abnormal, It makes one be able to have sex like a porn star.  This stuff works 9 out of 10 times.  Sometimes have to use .35, only once, have to get the right spot, best solution out there!

At first it was difficult to inject myself.  The Dr. did it first.  I thought, if I can have sex like this, injections are no problem!

I also noticed that a few days after, I could have sex without it, but not no where near as long of a period of time with it.  I have had sex for 30 min straight, and then still had an erection when my cardiovascular system had wore out.

I took a break and got right back at it.  This will go on for up to 3 hours.  Better make sure your partner uses some of those KY natural lubrication ovules that they insert, they are by far the best, or you will hurt your partner bad if not.
I was told by my doctor to work up gradually to 15 units.  I'm at 12 units and only get a half erection.  Some of the posts on here refer to 30, 40 even 100 units.  What's up with my doctor?
My doctor has told me to work up gradually to 15 units of Trimix.  I'm at 12 units, which produces only a half erection.  In other posts on this site I see dosages of 30, 40 and even 100 units mentioned.  Why such a discrepancy in dosages?
I had a robotic prostatectomy February 8, 2010.  Since then, I have tried Viagra and Cialis, the vacuum pump and finally Tri-mix.  My doctor told me to work up gradually to 15 units.  Well, I'm at 15 units.  My erections are still not firm enough for penetration.  Almost, but not quite.  What happens if I go above 15 units?  Are there risks or side-effects that I should be aware of?  Is Trimix ever used in combination with other drugs like Viagra or Cialis?  It's really frustrating to be almost there, but not quite.
I have been using Papaverine 30 / mg injections since May 2010. I have had sporadic  success  with it. I have had priapism 5 times using it . ( dosage amount between .5 and 1 cc ). However lately, I have not been able to get an erection with it at all ! I have used .5 to 1.5 cc and no full erection. Any suggestions  or comments why ?
You can do damage with priapism. You should have been coached on what to do in the event of such an event.. It has happened to me too.
Generally if the erection is not full on,, and not for much more than three hours you will be alright. If it is painful, or uncomfortable and seems like it's not going to subside,, you should use ice-packs on it.. If that doesn't work, go to the emergency room and they will inject another substance in an effort to bring it down..
Hopefully, you have not injured yourself permanently, but doesnt sound too good.
My erections have not been as hard as in the past either,, but I attribute that to other causes as well.
Sorry, addressed my response incorrectly. My comment was for Roy1906.

AND I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANYBODY ACTIVLY WATCHING THIS SITE ANYMORE.. THE LAST POST IS FROM MONTHS AGO.
THANKS.
I'm 65 and had a RRP done 2 years ago, trimix is the only thing that works for me, and it works great, using 30- 1-20 formula, and injecting 6 units, gets nice and hard in about 5 mins lasts about and hour, also i find that if i put a restriction ring at the base after it start to get firm, the gland or head really fills out nice and hard. I have injected over 130 times so far, using a 30gauge by 1/2 no pain during injection.
how and what part of penis do i inject
I'm 65 I just injecting. Trimix from  last month it is my seven time and is working like I'm 20 years old, last for 1 hour and down complet in 11/2 I have to be injected away from the vein or I will get black mark in my  penne, don't get to deep inside or it will go to the orinal canal and lost the dosis, only on the side and away fron the vane, use the small neeedle so don't go to deep, one time in one side and nex time in the other side, never on top or botton, better at 1" from your body, and no the haft.
My husband has suffered from E.D. for many years.Only recently has he been prescribed Trimix.His Dr. first told him to start out taking 4 to 5 cc's but when that didn't work he told him to just keep uping the dose until an erection that can penetrate occurs. We've only tried it a few times now and the last time he took 8cc's I said it still wasn't hard enough so he went back and shot 5 more cc's,still not enough to penetrate. Now I'm reading all these men shooting 20,40,60,80 and even 100cc's.I would like someone to tell me what the best dose is and what tricks or ideas can help get you harder.I know this is really bothering him because I'm 22 years younger than him and he's frustrated that he can't please me in that way.If anyone out there knows more about how to achieve an erection that is hard enough to penetrate please post it on this site.Thanks-Lola
I think a lot of people got it wrong on the cc there relly doing units that what most needles are measured in.up to 100 units which is 1 cc. I just did my first shot and have done a lot of reading first I was given .2ml wish is 20 units on neddle and it worked great. was up strong for and hour and then it started going down it was best i had in long time. this is trimix and they do have diff doses of that too. i tryed all the other stuff and the pump too. sure be glade when 3 days are up so can do it again.
where do most of you get the meds from pharm or from the doctor,s office
done at the base of the shaft, not too painful and definitely worth the reward - i would definitely recommend it for people who have been frustrated with other options, party boys, and extended play enthusiatists
hi, i am 65 yrs old and i have high blood pressure/ DM/ and cholesterol issues. My urologist has put me on tri-mix and cant seem to get the does high enough, he says i may have a venous leak. Can anyone else give me an idea on how to treat my issue.

thanks
I get trimix from a National Male Medical clinic which is a chain treating ED, located in many big cities:  In Dallas it's "Dallas Male Medical Clinic."
They give you a device called an "Autoject EI" which is a spring-loaded injector, no visible needle and almost no pain at all.
My original dosage for ED brought on by cholesterol and blood pressure and just plain old getting old was 0.60 ml, 6-tenths the way up a 1 cc syringe.
That was far too much,  but sure was effective!
I've since learned that 0.40 ml is just as effective, giving me over 2 hours of "full performance" as the ads say,  and I'm considering cutting it down a little bit further,  so the 0.6 ml pre-filled syringe would go twice as far - so the cost would be half as much.
ive tryed trimix a,b, and c for pass 3 years i have not had  a good strong  erecetion. what is the problem?
i am taking trimix alprostadil 20mcg phentolamine 0.5mg and papaverine 22.8mg/ml and i cant get a working hard on and its frustrating for me and my lady. what can i do
and i am injecting 1ml daily
Did any one tried to inject natural testosterone?
i am 61 yrs and have only been using trimix for 4 months now but WOW, what a differents! the first time my doctor enjected me with 10 units and i got 60%. i don't always need it so i don't use on a regular bases. but the second time with me injecting myself with 10 units, it was unbelievable how hard i got. problem though because lasted 6hrs and so hard actually hurt after about 2hrs. second time i tried doing the same way but same results! i am going to drop down to 5units and see if that works better for me. my doctor told me to start with a low dose and work my way up if needed. if not working for you, you might want to revisit doctor and be re-evaluated. just a suggestion.
I have recently started trimix injections. My wife and I are happy with the results at .4/injection. The key is doing research on the internet. This site and others have been very helpful. The other key is working with health care professionals that are understanding and competent. This is both my Internist and Urology NP. In may opinion the minor hassles of injecting and trimix requiring refrigeration are well worth the results.    
I am a 35 y/o male and am taking meds for my HIV.  I have tried cialis and got some side effects.  The next ed i was prescribed was viagra.  they have given me 25, 50 then 100 mg tabs.  i used to be fine with taking half of 100mg and then half of what was left, totaling 75mg.  I recently took both halves after months of not using any assistance, and it didn't work at all, until about 36 hours after I took the pill.  then I was semi hard, and a cross wind would throw me to attention.  I have a friend that introduced me to trimix and i think this may be the option for me.  although it was not technically prescribed for me, I have just become more frustrated.  I've tried talking to my doctors and now they wont even write me up for 1-2 viagra per month.  I'm afraid to go back to them because i've started to date someone and i'm having issues again and have been refused.  

my question is how do i approach my doctors about taking me seriously?  do i have to drop my pants and prove to them that i can't get things working?  I really don't want to change my HIV meds because my bloodwork comes back in pristine condition every set of labs i take.  

any suggestions, thoughts ideas?
the first few times i used tri-mix i kept missing ..then i found this great product and i have hit the mark ever since ..it is called inject-ease i found it on amazon.co for 29.00 it makes it a lot easer to hit the mark .. a lot of you are probably are not hitting the right place like i was...its made by ambimedinc buy one it is the best thing ... just hit the bottom and in it goes no guessing .. no fuss...
My brother was in the same circumstances as yourself (HIV Pos) While everyone is physicallt different Trimix worked for him.Papaverine 18mg, Phentolamine 0.8mg, Prostaglandin 6mcg which is what I inject with great satisfaction. While I don't pretend to know your Heath Insurance statis such as having to pay for it, there is where you can complian of this Doctor, either by phoning or with an written complaint. If in fact you are on State assistance, you may complian to your case manager or the Dept. of Health. If it's possible change your Urologist
I am 67 and new to the trimix thing. One thing that I have noticed is that people here are taking about the amount of trimix (units) being injected. The problem that I have with that is there are different formulations/strengths of trimix so just talking about units injected without spelling out what exactly is being injected appears to me to be useless.

Thoughts?
I have been using Trimix for about 5 months with not much success. My current prescription is 45.45/.25/.45 and I am told that is fairly strong. My urologist told me to up my dosage to 0.6 next time. My question is..how strong is that dose with regard to how much higher it can go? I really want to achieve success with this. In addition, I was taking zoloft for depression and am switching back to Wellbutrin to see if that helps.

Thanks for any info you all can provide.
I just started injecting. My prescribed amount was .2. Well I had to put ice on that to get it down after 2 hours. The next time I dialed it down a bit to .15 and it was actually harder longer and started to hurt. I had to take the antihistamine antidote, plus ice! I did my bi weekly Test shot that day and was wondering if anybody finds testosterone on the same day makes the trimix more effective?
Also whats the smallest effective dose that some of you men use. I'm thinking I just need a very small amount. I also noticed the 2nd time I injected I stuck the needle all the way in...that's obviously more effective and you need less maybe????
The hard ons are great but after 2 1/2 hours they hurt...............
I found your posting  to be interesting, since  you mentioned  Zyloft and Welbutrm  which in some men has a side effect  on erection  longevity  etc...I have some young friends  which found that also when they took painkillers.
Also .15 CC I've  been told is a good  and conservative  dose and only may be increased  with prior  guidence  from the doctor!

With regard  to Testosterone  intake  one will rarely  feel any appreciable  effect at the time it's either injected or applied as a gel, such as AndroGel.
It has passive impact.