Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
Unable to get erections from 2 months

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Unable to get erections from 2 months

I am 29 years old. I never had any ED problems before this. About 2 months back i had a unprotected oral sex from a stripper. I was stupid enough to think it as no side effects. Since then i never had Stiff erections and even though i get them they dont last longer for Intercourse. I am getting good erections during mornings ( Not sure if that is an indication that iam ok). I used a home std kit to test if i had any HIV infection. But it proved negative at 6 weeks point. I dint get any HIV symptoms like head ache , lumps etc., I went to Urologist and explained him my situation, after that he said i am fine (He did not do any tests though). He said only because of anxiety iam unable to get erections and prescribed me 3 tablets  of Cialis. I was reluctant initially to take as iam fairly young to use them. Anyway I used 3 of them in span of 2 weeks but it dint work. I am  in dilemma and unable to imagine what happened to me. Did i risk too much. I request please let me know what might be by issue and any solutions possible. Am i infected with HIV or any other STDs. Do i need to take any tests to diagnose. I am dying for answer and unable to sleep from last week.
Tags: Erection problems, HIV Prevention&Risks
Hi Chris.

Thanks so much for once again demonstrating that the brain is the most powerful organ in the body! Now take a deep breath and relax. I think I can help you get back on track.

Since you're having morning erections, that tells us that, indeed, it's all in your head.

You've managed to scare yourself so much that your brain is overriding your pleasure sensors, even when taking Cialis. By the way: this is a good example of the shortcomings of Viagra, Cialis, etc. They only help get blood flowing to your penis if you have a physiological condition; they DON'T create sexual desire, override anxiety, etc.

Let's look at the facts:

You took an STI test, and it came back negative
Your urologist examined you, and said you're fine
You have no symptoms of any STI

I now pronounce you healed!

The only thing standing in your way is your anxiety. Once you relax and let go of your fears, my guess is you'll find yourself able to enjoy sex again.

And now that you know STI's can be transmitted orally, let's also assume you'll use risk reduction when being sexual with another. And P.S.: most sex workers are better educated about STI's than the general population. Your helpful stripper is probably tested monthly, and I'm betting she takes good care of herself.

In closing, here's some helpful information for you:

Welcome to your 20’s! Erections go up and down. You’ll find this happening all your life. It doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy sex, but you have to let go of worrying about erections.

Much of your problem is due to your attitude.The more you worry about erections, the more your penis won’t cooperate. In fact, it can be downright rebellious! Many men feel that if their erection goes down even a tiny bit, there’s something wrong with them. Where does this come from?

Men receive so many messages that sex is about “performance” and pleasing a partner, rather than just enjoying the pleasure of it. Everything is goal-oriented—like a football game. The other message that many men receive is that sex is somehow dirty and wrong, unless you’re doing it for reproductive purposes. Sometimes this can creep into our unconscious thoughts and sabotage any pleasure. Ask yourself whether you have any conflicts about being sexual—any old messages that might be lurking in your subconscious. In addition, some men find that certain condoms limit sensation, and, of course, this can intensify with each experience, leading to more anxiety.

For more information about erection issues, attitude, etc., I highly recommend the book “The New Male Sexuality” by Bernie Zilbergeld, Ph.D. It’s widely available in paperback and is an invaluable resource.

Relax, stop putting pressure on yourself and enjoy sex for what it is: pleasure. Best of luck to you. Dr. J
There is nothing wrong with your penis. It's all psychological. Evidently you think all strippers carry numerous diseases and this been heavy on your mind. Why don't you give your penis a good cleaning and don't touch it for like a month. Allow time to free your mind and forget about what you did.
hey!!

the same things happening to my boyfreind whos 26 and he actually cried due to this problem i am supporting him as much as i can hope it all sorts out :(