Erectile Dysfunction Community
What's "too much" masturbation

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

What's "too much" masturbation

Quick question.  I'm 29 years old and have experienced periodic periods of "not being able to get it up."

I'm healthy, exercise daily, eat a very clean diet and like to think I'm relatively stress free.  I masturbate about once per day and don't watch any porn.  I've read about prolactin levels impacting guys' sexual function.  Is this true?  I've been working on cutting back masturbation to once every other day, but was curious if anyone knew anything more about this.

Thanks.
masturbation is healthy when the body needs it. dont do it as a habit, just do it when you feel the urge and need and you should be fine.
There is no fixed rule that you should masturbate only up to some times per day or week.
It depends upon individual capacity. As the age advances sexual urge decreases and frequency of masturbation or having sex decreases. At a younger age people usually have more sex drive and their frequency of masturbation is  maximum. You can indulge in this activity as long as it is pleasurable and you have the drive for it.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Why don't you stop playing for a few weeks and see if you can get it up better and if you can stop the playing