Erectile Dysfunction Community
Why a 27yr old guy loses his erections

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Why a 27yr old guy loses his erections

My boyfriend (27) and I have been together 3 yrs and at first the sex was amazing but for the past 2 yrs he has experienced difficulty maintaining his erections. We do not use condoms as I am on the pill, and even sometimes when I am orally stimulating him he loses rigidity. We will be in the midst of sex when he suddenly goes flaccid... I am 21 yrs old and this takes a huge toll on my self esteem even though I am not unattractive by any means. This frustrates both of us greatly-- it emasculates him and makes me feel inadequate as well. He hates doctors but says he will see one for me... I dont know what to do.. Help?
He needs to be checked for thinks like diabetes and thyroid problems, nerve problems, perhaps coming from his back.  If he is diabetic, he needs to correct his blood sugar.  

There is a Dr. named Dr. Hyman who has books and You Tube videos on what he calls "diabesity."  Most health issues can be cured with proper food and avoidance of environmental chemicals.  He suggests supplements also.  

If your BF is taking a lot of supplements to improve his workout, it can cause hormone shifts that will cause loss of erections.  Testosterone precursors, I think they are called.  
This is just my opinion....

First he needs to go to the doctor to make sure there are no physical problems.

If the doc run all these tests and everything comes back normal my 2nd guess is that your bf may be excessively watching porn and masturbating to porn when you are not around. I'm not saying this is a guarantee. I'm saying this because this seems to be the norm these days with men and their erection problems.
Thank you for your recommendations, I will follow up on them immediately.
I've never asked him this, but it may be one cause. I seriously doubt it though since we watch porn together...and These problems have existed before we got internet... He has an extensive collection but I just don't beleive that this would be the underlying reason. Thank you for your opinion though and I will try to get him to see a doctor.
His porn may not affected him years ago but it may be catching up to him. It is like someone smoking for years and now they got lung cancer from years of buildup. Porn does the same thing to the mind (psychologically). You just said yall watch porn together plus have a collection. So you have to assume he's watching some on his own and possibly touching himself in the process. Do not rule this out. And he is only 27. He shouldn't have any issues with his penis. He shouldn't have to watch porn with you just to get turned on. And I don't know any man that has a porn collection and does not masturbate to it.

I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong with him physically. This is a psychological issue.

Visit yourbrainonporn.com
He needs to get checked physically.  A complete physical workup, including sugar, heart, and T level.  

If he said he's willing to see a doctor, that's the first step.  (PS, that's a sign that he values this relationship, so the issue of him not desiring you is just your imagination).