Erectile Dysfunction Community
Worried GF

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

Worried GF

Okay. So I'm 20 and my bf is 17. We only have sex about 2-3 times every 2 weeks. idk how often he watches porn or masturbates, but I do know he used to masturbate a lot about 5 times a day. However, that was supposively before he met me (2 years ago). The problem is he very rarely gets fully hard and from time to time he loses his erection pretty consistantly. The losing bit seems to happen in spells. We have issues for a month and then the next few months will be no problem.
We've been together for almost 2 years now. Could it still be anxiety? Or is it a medical issue? I'm worried and frustrated because I adore my boyfriend. He's a wonderful person, but sex is an important part of a relationship. Not the most important, but still. When this happens it makes me feel like I'm the problem. What should we/I  do?
no its v normal
No it's NOT normal for a 17 year old to have ED. Well, at least it wasn't until high speed interent and streaming porn. Your story is like hundreds we have heard on our forums over the last 5 years. Yes, guys as young as your BF with porn-induced ED. The overstimulation alters the brain much like addictive drugs, inhibiting the erection centers.

Look at this thread. I suggest finding my posts and following the links to the video presentations on porn-induced ED.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Mens-Health/22-with-porn-induced-erectile-dysfunction/show/469209

Very few doctors or therapist are aware of this problem. The first study was done on this a few weeks ago. It is below -

SCIENTISTS: TOO MUCH INTERNET PORN MAY CAUSE IMPOTENCE (2011)

It may not make you go blind, but Italian scientists have identified a worrying side-e
ffect of watching too much pornography.

Researchers said Thursday that young men who indulge in "excessive consumption" of Internet porn gradually become immune to explicit images, the ANSA news agency reported.
Over time, this can lead to a loss of libido, impotence and a notion of sex that is totally divorced from real-life relations.

"It starts with lower reactions to porn sites, then there is a general drop in libido and in the end it becomes impossible to get an erection," said Carlo Foresta, head of the Italian Society of Andrology and Sexual Medicine (SIAM).

His team drew their conclusions from a survey of 28,000 Italian men which revealed that many became hooked on porn as early as 14, exhibiting symptoms of so-called "sexual anorexia" by the time they reached their mid-twenties.

There was some good news, however, as the condition was not necessarily permanent. "With proper assistance recovery is possible within a few months," Foresta said.

Other data presented at the SIAM'S annual conference in Rome suggested that Germans are the biggest consumers of online porn in Europe, with 34.5 percent of internet users logging on to watch smut.

France ranked second (33.6 percent), ahead of Spain (32.4 percent) and Italy (28.9 percent).