Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
Would it be harmful?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Would it be harmful?

Im not sure if I posted this in the right section but..

I have had this strange birthmark ( Not even sure if it falls into the catagory of birthmark ). It appears to be a ball of skin attached by a thin peice of skin. Its small, and located on my penis at about half way up the left side.

My question is would it be harmful to cut it off myself, put alchol on it and then bandaid it? If not please tell me why.
Related Discussions
523042_tn?1212181495
Penises are just like other parts of the body: they're decorated with all sorts of marks, extra bits of skin, etc., but these aren't necessarily cause for concern. Unless you're a skilled surgeon, the answer is: NEVER, EVER cut any part of your body. You're leaving yourself vulnerable to infection, etc. If it were MY penis, I'd want an expert to examine it and determine whether this growth is harmless. A urologist will be able to give you this information after a thorough exam. If it's harmless, leave it alone--just as you would a mole, freckle, etc.  Dr. J
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank