constant erection
my husband is 27 and has frequent erections throughout the day. it is really bothersome for him. we have a healthy sex life. also he has pain in his lower abdomen after ejaculation? he was wondering what he could do about this situation.
Hello.

This is a complex question because many factors could be at work here, including your husband's concept of "frequent" erections. Some men consider anything more than once or twice a day to be excessive; but it's physiologically normative for men to have erections throughout the day as well as when they're sleeping. Some men have more erections than others; but unless there's an underlying physiological condition, it's nothing to worry about. I'd suggest your husband either take a self-pleasuring break during the day ("an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away") or wear loose pants. As to the lower abdomen pain, I can't speak to that, as it's a question for a urologist.

And just in case these may possibly be related to a physical factor, I'd suggest he see a urologist for a complete exam. Dr. J