Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
constant erection
About This Forum:

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

constant erection

my husband is 27 and has frequent erections throughout the day. it is really bothersome for him. we have a healthy sex life. also he has pain in his lower abdomen after ejaculation? he was wondering what he could do about this situation.
Related Discussions
523042_tn?1212181495
Hello.

This is a complex question because many factors could be at work here, including your husband's concept of "frequent" erections. Some men consider anything more than once or twice a day to be excessive; but it's physiologically normative for men to have erections throughout the day as well as when they're sleeping. Some men have more erections than others; but unless there's an underlying physiological condition, it's nothing to worry about. I'd suggest your husband either take a self-pleasuring break during the day ("an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away") or wear loose pants. As to the lower abdomen pain, I can't speak to that, as it's a question for a urologist.

And just in case these may possibly be related to a physical factor, I'd suggest he see a urologist for a complete exam. Dr. J
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank