Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
constant erection
About This Forum:

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

constant erection

my husband is 27 and has frequent erections throughout the day. it is really bothersome for him. we have a healthy sex life. also he has pain in his lower abdomen after ejaculation? he was wondering what he could do about this situation.
Related Discussions
523042_tn?1212181495
Hello.

This is a complex question because many factors could be at work here, including your husband's concept of "frequent" erections. Some men consider anything more than once or twice a day to be excessive; but it's physiologically normative for men to have erections throughout the day as well as when they're sleeping. Some men have more erections than others; but unless there's an underlying physiological condition, it's nothing to worry about. I'd suggest your husband either take a self-pleasuring break during the day ("an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away") or wear loose pants. As to the lower abdomen pain, I can't speak to that, as it's a question for a urologist.

And just in case these may possibly be related to a physical factor, I'd suggest he see a urologist for a complete exam. Dr. J
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank