Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
curved penis

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

curved penis

Dr Epp,
I've read all relevant postings and I understand that a curved penis is normal but what is a "moderate" bent? I haven't had sex yet so I don't know if I can have intercourse. I would say my penis, when erect, bends to the left and up at a 45 degree angle. Is that too much of a bent? Thanks.
Hello.

As I've said in other posts, if the bend is so extreme that it causes you pain during insertive sex, you might want to see a urologist. And in any event, even the most extreme curvatures usually correct themselves over time. Stop worrying. Almost all penises bend in some way or another. Once you begin being sexual with another person, you can experiment with the positions that feel best for you. I know lots of men with 45 degree angle erections, and they feel no discomfort at all. Are you experiencing discomfort during self-pleasuring? If not, stop worrying. Dr. J