Erectile Dysfunction Community
husband's erection problem

Welcome to the Erectile Dysfunction community. Topics covered include drugs that cause ED, heart-related ED, kidney-related ED, impotence, multiple sclerosis, nerve damage, penile pumps, Peyronie’s Disease, questions to ask your doctor about ED, social issues regarding ED, stress, spinal cord injury, and surgery.

husband's erection problem

have been married for two years but never had sex with my husband as he keeps travelling and i had my own inhibitions.but now since we are planning for a baby, we tried having sex 5-6 times. but every time, my husband who is 35 years old will have little erection in the beginning but not sufficient enough to penetrate.then very soon, he loses his erection suddenly.i do lot of foreplay with him but he just cant get sufficient erection. this has happened 5-6 times. i have been very nice to him and assured him that it is not a major problem. but i am myself disturbed as i badly want a child but every time we try, he has very less erection. i think he is too young for medicines like Viagra etc. He doesnt have any physical problem or health issues. please guide as i am very disturbed
Hi Neha, First I think your husband has an ED problem, when your husband is away does he carry a lap top computer, to keep intuch and for his work, if so he may be watching porn, and if so this could be his problem and he is masturbating to porn, if this is his problem then he has porn enduced ED, If this is his problem then come back to me, but this will take some delicate talking to get to the root of his problem, and getting him to tell the truth.
Good Luck
Do you get any hint that your husband dislikes the idea of having a baby, or possibly has a reason not to be excited about having sex?
my husband is equally excited and desparate to have a baby. infact he loves me a lot and he does want to have sex with him. only thing is he loses the erection very soon. i was wondering if i should jus let him penetrate the moment he is little erect without continuing the foreplay for a long time. because he himself doesnt know when he will suddenly lose the erection.please guide
hey..yup, he does carry a laptop but he doesnt watch porn. infact once i asked him if we both should watch porn and he refused. he is genuinely a nice man who really loves me a lot. i am not sure if he has ED because as i said in the first few minutes of foreplay he will be kind of erect but if we continue foreplay for long, he loses erection. so, i was wondering if i should jus let him penetrate the moment he is little erect without continuing the foreplay for a long time. because he himself doesnt know when he will suddenly lose the erection. but i can assure him that he doesnt watch porn.
If you touch him with your hand and stimulate him, can he come to orgasm?  One possibility that occurred to me is wondering if he doesn't get turned on about sex with women.  I know that is somewhat far-fetched, but it is a puzzling problem for him to have.  For purposes of making a baby, his being able to come to orgasm one way or another could be all you would need, for the old "turkey baster" approach.  (If you are not in the U.S., a turkey baster being a large syringe that can suck up liquids and deposit them where desired, which in this case would be at your cervix.)  But that doesn't solve the problem of your sex life.

Do certainly have him just penetrate the moment he is erect, to see how that works.  It might feel good enough that it kick-starts things.  Get some Preseed or other sperm-friendly lube so you won't find this painful, and give it a try.  But if this keeps happening, he might want to talk to his doctor or urologist.  Viagra might be helpful if the will is there but not the way.
The other possibility (and it is probably as far-fetched as the closet-queen theory) is that he suffered some kind of abuse when younger that was associated with sex or sexuality, or simply that he was strongly repressed when younger by adults, so sexuality was seen as wrong.  If that were to be the case, a therapist or counselor who specializes in sexual things would be more to the point than simply Viagra or other mechanical approaches.
i think i should follow your advice and have him just penetrate me the moment he is erect. but since i am a virgin, i was wondering will it be easy for him to penetrate me beacuse i dont find his penis that hard and especially the head of the penis very erect. but if you think that a lubericant will help, i will definitely like to go ahead as you suggested.

and ya..he has not suffered any knid of sexual abuse as far as i know.so..that possibility is ruled out..

but i must thank u for ur time and effort in trying to help me..
one more thing..when i touch him with my hand and stimulate, he gets aroused but never orgasmed. in fact he doesnt masterbuate on regular basis..may be once in 2 months...i dont know if it is normal??
Hi Neha, Sorry for asking the quetsions, but need to start somewere, Ok if its not porn then he has a real problem with ED, I' now in ED recovery myself, I have a well read post using herbs, its titaled DRUGS VERSUS HERBS , HERBS MY CHOICE, Its my way out of ED and it works its just a few simple herbs and a hormone, now you google the tital and the will take to the post and the ED site its on, its an important site for Ed, but I will also  send you a copy of the same post.
For him to make you pregnant he needs to be able to perform the sex to ejeculation, and its only then you can get pregnant, apart form HIV, so I thibnk he needs to overcome his Ed, iys cheaper than HIV, and if you follow my its cheap way to go.
Good Luck
The only other thing I can think of is that possibly his hormone levels are low.  This can be checked at a doctor's, if he is willing to look into it.