Erectile Dysfunction Expert Forum
i have no sperm

Questions in the Erection Concerns Forum are being answered by Janice M Epp, PhD, a Clinical Sexologist from The Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality. This forum is for questions and discussions about the psychological aspects of Erection problems or erectile dysfunction.

i have no sperm

hi i have been masterbating (masturbating) since the age of 12 and whenevr i masterbate i have no sperm ejaculating at all and now i am 14 years old and sometimes after masterbation (masturbation) my penis wells up or lumps begin to form on the sides of my penis help me please
Hello.

I think you're confusing "sperm" with "semen." Semen is the fluid that contains sperm and transports it outside your body when you ejaculate after puberty. Before puberty, you'll have orgasms, but no ejaculation because your body isn't yet producing sperm and semen.

If you have gone through puberty and produced semen and ejaculated in the past and are no longer ejaculating, you may wish to consult a urologist for an exam to find out if there's any physiological problem. The only way to find this out is via a thorough exam.

But I'm wondering why you're obsessing about something so unimportant? You're having orgasms, and I presume you're enjoying your sexuality, so why look for something to worry about? If and when you decide to become a parent some day, volume isn't important either. I think you're worried because you've heard myths that somehow volume is associated either with pleasure or with some aspect of "manliness." Nothing could be further from the truth.

You'll find that volume ebbs and flows during your life--just as erections go up and down, especially as you age.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your penis "wells up and lumps begin to form," but it sounds as if you'd definitely benefit from that urological exam. You may be observing the penis' usual physiological response post-orgasm, or you may have a condition which needs treating.

If you'd like more information about your body and sexuality, I recommend the book: "The New Male Sexuality," by Dr. Bernie Zilbergeld, which is widely available online both used and in paperback. Best of luck to you. Dr. J